Can i work as a care worker/assistant if i have a cifas marker 6?

Watch
Kitty900
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I want to work as a care assistant in a care home but I have a cifas marker 6. Will this show in a DBS check?
CletusPotter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Kitty900)
I want to work as a care assistant in a care home but I have a cifas marker 6. Will this show in a DBS check?
It depends on whether the relevant Police force (most likely the one which is responsible for policing the area involved), deem it relevant to disclose to the DBS service. Even then it will only show on an enhanced check, but I anticipate that they will carry one out.
Kitty900
Rep:
?
(Original post by CletusPotter)
It depends on whether the relevant Police force (most likely the one which is responsible for policing the area involved), deem it relevant to disclose to the DBS service. Even then it will only show on an enhanced check, but I anticipate that they will carry one out.
Im a bit confused, police is involved? I thought this was just something that went on my credit report. I was under the impression that it wouldn't show on an enhanced DBS because it isn't on my criminal record.
CletusPotter
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Im a bit confused, police is involved? I thought this was just something that went on my credit report. I was under the impression that it wouldn't show on an enhanced DBS because it isn't on my criminal record.
I don't actually know whether the Police were involved. I meant to say that if they were involved, and believed the marker to be relevant, then it could show up on your enhanced DBS. Otherwise it will not show up, as they won't be aware of it.
Kitty900
Rep:
?
(Original post by CletusPotter)
I don't actually know whether the Police were involved. I meant to say that if they were involved, and believed the marker to be relevant, then it could show up on your enhanced DBS. Otherwise it will not show up, as they won't be aware of it.
oh you had me scared for a sec. The bank just put the marker on and closed my account nothing more. Thanks for your help
CletusPotter
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
oh you had me scared for a sec. The bank just put the marker on and closed my account nothing more. Thanks for your help
It won't show up then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (48)
5.94%
Uncertainty around my education (92)
11.39%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (83)
10.27%
Lack of purpose or motivation (103)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
4.95%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (45)
5.57%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (89)
11.01%
Financial worries (54)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (37)
4.58%
Exposure to negative news/social media (51)
6.31%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (25)
3.09%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (77)
9.53%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (64)
7.92%

Watched Threads