The Student Room Group

media and journalism

Hi I would like to ask what is the difference between Media and Journalism?
some of the Media courses includes module and journalism, while some journalism course also includes media related modules like TV production. if I study media for my undergraduate, can I become journalist in the future?
thank you answering such a long questions T-T
Original post by lysun
some of the Media courses includes module and journalism, while some journalism course also includes media related modules like TV production. if I study media for my undergraduate, can I become journalist in the future?

Hi there!

Have you considered Lincoln at all? We offer Media and Journalism courses.

If you would like to discuss your question in further detail! I would recommend taking a look at our course page for Journalism below. You will see that this course offers production modules, and the page will also pop up with an offer for you to chat online with a current Journalism student - Who will be able to talk to you in more detail regarding your questions around modules, and the link between media and journalism. Many thanks, Mark.
Journalism course page
Original post by lysun

There is a lot of overlap with these types of courses. Newcastle has a good one ..... Journalism, Media and Culture. Have a look at the course modules as an example.

Quick Reply