Hand made xmas presents Watch

This discussion is closed.
dreamer86
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hey people
Has anyone made any christmas presents this year? Or has anyone got ideas that I could use? I want to make my best friend something as I have not so much money at the moment and I know she would appreciate it. For her 18th I made a book with photos and tickets and quotes from when we were 6 til now, and she loved it. Any creative people want to help me out? Thankyou
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i made this for my other half last year. thats what you get if you just ask for batteries for xmas lol
dreamer86
Rep:
?
lol that is well cool! did he use it a lot? :p: not so sure my friend would like it but il keep it in mind!
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, yeah he did, and we had an unfortunate accident with me wearing it and him trying to launch a helicopter off it ..., it went haywire cos of the tin foil and fell of, the rotar blades slicing my hand repeatedly. lol. ouch.

Not suggesting it as an idea for your friend, but you asked about hand made stuff
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Buy plain mug from a cheap shop (I got some for £1), but get a nice one, a big slightly conical one - looks less 'cheap' and paint something on it - e.g. a special thing to your friend, something they like a lot or something which brings back memories...

Make a calendar - do it in Excel and print it off, but leave room to decorate and stick on glitter, stickers, random cute fabric bits and have a theme for each month - e.g. December snow/winter/snowflakes. Or choose a special photo for each month.

Bake a cake and decorate it really nicely and personalise it for them, with their name, themes etc.

Or make cookies...
dreamer86
Rep:
?
wow thankyou those are great ideas I think im going to go with the calendar
Cirsium
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I baked chocolate brownies They were scrummy!!
dreamer86
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bekaboo)
I baked chocolate brownies They were scrummy!!
that would be cool, i know this is pure laziness but do you have a recipe?
Fire Point
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I made my mum an attic doll when I was wee. I used nails, blocks of wood and wood shavings to do it. It was very heartfelt but was really crap now that I look at it after all these years.
dreamer86
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daibhidh)
I made my mum an attic doll when I was wee. I used nails, blocks of wood and wood shavings to do it. It was very heartfelt but was really crap now that I look at it after all these years.
aww, I bet she loved it. I would love to get a present someone had put a lot of time into.
Fire Point
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Cheers. They all make jokes about it in my family now but it still sits the cabinet.
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dreamer86)
that would be cool, i know this is pure laziness but do you have a recipe?
Off the top of my head:
Melt 125g of butter + 60g of plain chocolate in a pan
Add 250g of granulated sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp of vanilla essence and 0.5 tsp of almond essence
Sieve and add 125g of plain flour

Now i personally do choc + raspberry ones.... so u put the batter in a tray and you get about 80ml of raspberry jam and blob it in and swirl it around - yummy!!
But you don't have to

Anyway you shove all that in a cake tin (bout 20 x 20 x 5cm is best) and bake it at 180 degrees for about 35 minutes

And they are amazing!!
dreamer86
Rep:
?
cheers I will definately be making some of them
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Last year i got a plain black t-shirt and some velcro. Stuck the velcro to the t-shirt and with the other piece of velcro i got fabric paints and write letters of the alphabet and symbols. So he makes words and sticks them on the t-shirt. The t-shirt was £4.99 from H+M and the velcro and fabric paints came to about £3!
RealityIsDull
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
make a photo frame....decorate it and make it to their taste...then put a picture of you both in it!
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
i made this for my other half last year. thats what you get if you just ask for batteries for xmas lol
OH MY GOD

That really is the best present ever!
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good luck, let us know how it goes
dreamer86
Rep:
?
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I am feeling quite creative right now, so keep them coming!

I made your brownies Bekaboo, they are delicious. I now have to make some more as presents becauses they mysteriously disappeared! Thankyou for the recipe.

No Future - I am in the process of making a calendar, I bought one for £1 from boots which you are supposed to put photos in. I also bought some amazing white irridescent glitter which I am quite excited about for the snow scene I am doing for January.

Although I probably should be revising.....
Cirsium
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by dreamer86)
I made your brownies Bekaboo, they are delicious. I now have to make some more as presents becauses they mysteriously disappeared! Thankyou for the recipe.
Yey! Glad to hear it worked out - i love 'em!
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 14 years ago
My friend filled a photoframe with photos from all the plays we have been in together and decorated a tshirt for me with glitter paints.. For her birthday I sewed buttons in a pattern on a tshirt for her...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1607)
79.12%
Leave (424)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed