mary388
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

Basically I was curious to know, Scottish students in sixth year how many hours did you work per week?

During fourth and fifth year I was working between 4-14 hours per weekend (as a weekend worker purely) and was wondering if I should look into getting a job which can offer weekday shifts?

Purely because I just don’t make much money from my job as you can imagine (my boss pays minimum wage as so many employers where I live) and want to save for uni.

I’m doing five highers this year (all crash) so that’s something I’d have to consider. Also, I might be a bit busy because of the workload but also getting a work experience qualification while at school.

Any advice is VERY welcome
JackDaltonFan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

5 Crash Highers! Wow!
I work about 5.5 Hours at the weekend, I'm going into sixth year to and that has probaly been too much, never mind any more.
Its up to you but I certainly wouldn't be picking up any more hours at work. :-) X
mary388
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by JackDaltonFan)
Hi,

5 Crash Highers! Wow!
I work about 5.5 Hours at the weekend, I'm going into sixth year to and that has probaly been too much, never mind any more.
Its up to you but I certainly wouldn't be picking up any more hours at work. :-) X
Yeah my school is ridiculous lol, I did five highers in fifth year so not sure why I need 5 more. And glad to see someone else is a weekend worker! I see so many people doing loads of hours after school etc and their grades seem to suffer so wanted some opinions x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (20)
22.99%
No (67)
77.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed