The Student Room Group

i need to lose 15 kg in 3 months someone help

so my cousin's wedding is coming up and I need to lose 15kg to fit into my dress and I'm struggling a lot.

I've reduced my calorie intake to 1,200 and I do 1 hour of jump rope as well as another hour of other exercises.
if anyone has any other suggestions that might be more effective please tell me :frown:
chloe ting i lost like 3 kg in like 2 weeks i suggest you should do her
Reply 3
Original post by firdouss
chloe ting i lost like 3 kg in like 2 weeks i suggest you should do her

The way you've worded it sounds a bit inappropriate; it can easily be taken out of context.
Original post by gtty123
The way you've worded it sounds a bit inappropriate; it can easily be taken out of context.

oh i meant was like do her workouts
sorry
Reply 5
Original post by firdouss
oh i meant was like do her workouts
sorry

No worries 🙂. Just letting you know.
That's incredibly unhealthy.

You should really be losing only a pound a week which is 500 calories less than your maintenance.

I don't know how frequently you're completing this 2-hour exercise regiment but whatever it is, it's too much.

You should not be working out for 2 hours, end of.

Why don't you research first before going down a path full of health risks?
Reply 7
Original post by waytoostressed
so my cousin's wedding is coming up and I need to lose 15kg to fit into my dress and I'm struggling a lot.

I've reduced my calorie intake to 1,200 and I do 1 hour of jump rope as well as another hour of other exercises.
if anyone has any other suggestions that might be more effective please tell me :frown:

No shortcuts available. Combine HIITs, cardio, and appropriate resistance training. These should work provided your diet is okay.
Is getting the dress resized an option?

I’ve sent u a message!!
Don’t eat less or stave your self will only make u more weak, just eat normally with substitutes instead of chocolate have apples? Full fat chips have sweet potato fries instead . With your workouts try to do runs or walks each day rather than workouts every day .
Also try stay away from juices instead have water or homemade smoothies. I had so much fun making smoothies and low fat cookies/granola bars the most important thing is that you enjoy the change and don’t feel like you need to do it .
Hope this helps and congrats to your cousin x
I would not recommend aiming to lose 15kg in 3 months; not only would this be very damaging to your mental health and greatly harm your relationship with food, health and your body, but it would also damage your metabolism and bodily functions to the point where you couldn't function well in every day life, and you wouldn't be losing weight anymore as your body would go into starvation mode. However, I understand the desire to lose weight, and I know how difficult it can be to accept yourself. I would recommend Natacha Oceáne, a youtuber, who gives incredibly helpful, science-driven, health-fuelled approaches to weight loss, working out, and diets: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjfG0dyMUiqKleUnkX6zBrA
To break down what you said you were doing: 1200 calories is only enough for a two year old. It is not enough to sustain a teenager or adult, even if you are trying to lose weight, and even if you are short. If that doesn't persuade you, consider this: could you keep up a 1200 calorie diet in the long term? Maybe you could do it for a few weeks or even three months, but six months? A year? If the answer is no (and I expect it is), then at some point, your willpower will break, you will up your calorie intake (as would be healthy), and you will have wrecked your metabolism to the point that you then put all this weight back on again. If you instead go for a deficit of 500 calories max (so 1500 calories a day roughly- I would not recommend going below this), then it will be much easier to sustain, do healthily, and, when you are happy with your weight, to wean yourself off of so that you can eat normally without putting the weight back on.
Also, the two hours of working out you mentioned- you didn't say how often you were doing it, but from the tone of your message, I would guess daily? This, again, is unsustainable. Rather, you should build a plan of what will actually work long term. Maybe now in the summer holidays you can dedicate 14 hours a week to working out, but once the school or uni term starts again, that just won't be feasible. Beyond that, THIS WILL HARM YOUR BODY. You will injure yourself, tire yourself out, spend all day miserable, tired, and sore, and you will not be working out efficiently because you will be too tired to expend maximum energy! Natacha (linked above) has videos about this. Rather, you should try to build muscle to increase your metabolism, do cardio maybe 2 or 3 times a week and only if you want to do it, do HIIT 2 or 3 times a week, and have at least one rest day a week. You don't build muscle while working out. Working out only puts your muscles under stress. It is on the rest days that muscle is actually built. Again, exploring Natacha's channel will be massively helpful on this topic (and will also explain why you should want to build muscle).
One last thing: the way you explain this seems incredibly unhealthy. You don't need to lose weight to have a nice time at the wedding. If you did two hours of babysitting or gardening or dog-walking once a week rather than working out 14 hours a week, you could buy a new dress. But you know that, which makes me think that this is driven by a desire for a different body and the happiness that you expect will come with it, rather than by a dress. This could easily lead to an eating disorder. Trust me, I've seen it happen. If you want to work out or eat healthier, do it because you love your body, not because you hate it. If you think you might need help, please get it. Losing weight is not worth it if it's driven by hate, incredibly low calories, and working out that is closer to torture than fun.
Hi! I did exactly this, I lost 15kg in three months and I would not recommend, I only lost that much because I literally stopped eating, I would either only eat a piece of bread for a whole day or I would skip a day and eat absolutely nothing.. so please don’t do it...

To much to quickly can be bad for your long term health as you will also have excess skin so don't do it as quick ok.

Generally weight loss as much as you trying to achieve usually done over longer term so it won't leave you with lots of excess skin as you don't want that especially a wedding so soon as well.

Do some long walks and increase distance you do each week say or go jogging.

You should had started lot earlier than now to try to lose weight because your dress will be already measured up for the big day and perhaps consider asking for a larger size dress as still got three months so enough time to do this but do it sooner than later . at end of the day your cousin will just be as happy seeing you all dressed up than you risking long term health issues ok.
Simple explanation, you can't. You'll end up with stretch-marks and a gaunt face. Not something you would want for a wedding. Keep doing what you're doing, and be proud of how much you will have lost, as losing 15kg is an almost impossible target, with a load of side-effects.
Reply 15
While remaining healthy, you can lose up to 2 pounds per week which would mean, in theory, losing 12kg in 3 months which would be near your target. However, in reality, weight loss will plateau and your target seems particularly difficult/unhealthy: losing more than 2 pounds a week can lead to health complications. However, you can look better without just losing weight - doing some gym lifting would help you both build muscle and lose some weight from burnt calories too.
(edited 3 years ago)
1) it's possible with strict diet plan of under 1500 calories and about daily 2 hour gym sessions with lots of water BUT

2) this is very un-healthy and you will ruin yourself mentally and you will have a possibly "droopy" looking face and little energy.
3)my advice is to eat healthy and up the calories to 2600-ish then smash out the gym,you will look and feel better and you will get muscle gains .

Not selfish at all has good information that would benefit the user.
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Not selfish at all has good information that would benefit the user.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest