Why are people on TSR so mean

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
If I talk about my problems here, I get hate but when I see other people do the same, they're taken seriously.

What did I do wrong?
UnwantedKid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What are your problems? Are you a 'Nice Guy'?
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
If you come off Anonymous, that'd help.
DumDeeDoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Ok
jae jae
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I talk about my problems here, I get hate but when I see other people do the same, they're taken seriously.

What did I do wrong?
Dw it happens to me too that’s why I struggle to open up about what happened to me in rl😢
Last edited by jae jae; 10 months ago
DumDeeDoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
What's a nice guy? I just talk about normal stuff I guess.
Sometimes I'd rant about some family problems I'm stuck in and can't really help and ill get responses like, "it's your fault since you haven't told anyone" when I say my family force me to be quiet and I have nowhere to go.

When I talk about how I've been feeling really down and low about it people tell me to stop being lazy but I see someone else do the same and people are nicer. Im new here, I haven't done anything wrong. And then I get comments like Im looking for sympathy or to stop complaining when im not doing either.

And when I just want to talk, no responses :c
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by DumDeeDoo)
What's a nice guy? I just talk about normal stuff I guess.
Sometimes I'd rant about some family problems I'm stuck in and can't really help and ill get responses like, "it's your fault since you haven't told anyone" when I say my family force me to be quiet and I have nowhere to go.

When I talk about how I've been feeling really down and low about it people tell me to stop being lazy but I see someone else do the same and people are nicer. Im new here, I haven't done anything wrong. And then I get comments like Im looking for sympathy or to stop complaining when im not doing either.

And when I just want to talk, no responses :c
I'm confused. You've only got 2 posts? Are you referring about another account by chance?
Anomaly155
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by gtty123)
If you come off Anonymous, that'd help.
Is that really a sensible idea if you are getting hate?
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anomaly155)
Is that really a sensible idea if you are getting hate?
Yes. It could be a repetitive and annoying troll?
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
People probably think you're a troll. What are your threads about?
Anonymous #1
Yes I made another account, 1 week ago but all I got was hate when I really was only looking for a place to vent. But I made a new one(this one) since I needed to vent and the same thing is happening when I make anon posts.

I may not be an an experienced adult but that doesn't me I don't have struggles and I admit I can be lazy at times but does that dismiss everything else?
bluemuffin
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
The vast majority of us on this site are not mean. If you have any questions I’m happy to help
Anonymous #1
I live in a toxic household(i dont know tbh im not sure of anything anymore but it's not a place where I'm happy, I kind of feel trapped) and sometimes I rant about it if something bad happened and I need to take my mind off things. I dont troll or anything.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bluemuffin)
The vast majority of us on this site are not mean. If you have any questions I’m happy to help
Thank you!
Retronomical
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Depends on your posts. But I’ve noticed that there’s this bandwagon trend going on on TSR. A post will go on for a while with no responses and as soon as the first user says something against OP, 20 people jump in and and do the same.
Anonymous #1
Oh i didn't know that
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Most people aren't mean they may be blunt because, they're fed up and have their own experiences they want to share, a lot of people who are blunt are made that way because of their experiences, so if you're referring to that then yeah, but at the end of the day advice is advice so I doubt they're being mean if they took time and gave advice it might not be the advice you wanna hear, but maybe they have a genuine reasoning behind why they say what they say. Most people regardless, are okay once you get to speak to them, and the only ones who aren't are probably trolls, who get banned anyway because other users for sure would have complained X
Sentenced_to
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
They generally are not mean but many are know-all school kids with strong opinion and zero real life experience - which is laughable if you think of it...
Anonymous #1
I didn't think of that, guess its me on that part ^^
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I live in a toxic household(i dont know tbh im not sure of anything anymore but it's not a place where I'm happy, I kind of feel trapped) and sometimes I rant about it if something bad happened and I need to take my mind off things. I dont troll or anything.
awe as someone who has experience living in a toxic household I'd be more than happy to help if you need ranting to someone X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (201)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.41%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.86%

Watched Threads