The Student Room Group

Help regarding calculated GCSE grades

There might not be a definite answer on this but...
Ofqual said it would calculate grades using a combination of rank order and school historical performance (2019, 2018 and 2017). Does this still apply if my cohort is the first year to do a subject in the 9-1 system, and the only previous results the school has is from 2017 with the old A* system? Or will they heavily rely on the submitted grades from teachers?
Thanks
For what I understand (and I'm just a student like you) If your school has no prior attainment on the 9-1 system then Ofqual will look to other local schools and school averages but your results will be more heavily weighted on Center assessed grades. I may be wrong but I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by wellsey_
For what I understand (and I'm just a student like you) If your school has no prior attainment on the 9-1 system then Ofqual will look to other local schools and school averages but your results will be more heavily weighted on Center assessed grades. I may be wrong but I hope this helps :smile:

Hi, thanks for the reply. May I ask how you found out about this? I was thinking this should be the likely option, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
Original post by Fruit09
Hi, thanks for the reply. May I ask how you found out about this? I was thinking this should be the likely option, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Im pretty sure I read it on one of the Ofqual official letters to student on grading
The link below is the full Document but I think I found the answer to your question but there might be more information
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/903953/Summer_2020_grades_for_GCSE_AS_and_A_level_Extended_Project_Qualification_27072020.pdf
Capture.PNG
Original post by wellsey_
Im pretty sure I read it on one of the Ofqual official letters to student on grading
The link below is the full Document but I think I found the answer to your question but there might be more information
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/903953/Summer_2020_grades_for_GCSE_AS_and_A_level_Extended_Project_Qualification_27072020.pdf
Capture.PNG

Thank you
Original post by Fruit09
Thank you

You're welcome x

Quick Reply

Latest