The Student Room Group

Funding for second undergraduate degree

Hi there!

I am looking for advice on funding a second undergrad degree. I already completed an undergrad degree, but I self-funded it and didn't get a Student Finance loan.

However, Student Finance are now telling me they cannot give me a loan for this degree purely because it is my second undergrad one. I just presumed that because I didn't take a loan originally, that I would still be entitled to one, but that doesn't seem like it's the case.

I am looking at studying BSL & Deaf Studies at York St John, or in Edinburgh at Heriot Watt.

Thanks so much in advance!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there!

I am looking for advice on funding a second undergrad degree. I already completed an undergrad degree, but I self-funded it and didn't get a Student Finance loan.

However, Student Finance are now telling me they cannot give me a loan for this degree purely because it is my second undergrad one. I just presumed that because I didn't take a loan originally, that I would still be entitled to one, but that doesn't seem like it's the case.

I am looking at studying BSL & Deaf Studies at York St John, or in Edinburgh at Heriot Watt.

Thanks so much in advance!

I'm very sorry but it's irrelevant if you paid for anything yourself before to sfe, it's healthcare courses and stem courses in certain circumstances that they'll fund a second time round.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I'm very sorry but it's irrelevant if you paid for anything yourself before to sfe, it's healthcare courses and stem courses in certain circumstances that they'll fund a second time round.

ah yes this is what I am finding. alas!
Thanks for your reply x

Quick Reply

Latest