Driving Lessons Again - Stressed

Watch
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Before everything dissolved into lockdown etc, I had been taking driving lessons for around four months, maybe five, and was beginning to get towards 'ready to take practical', with my theory already sorted out. But I've barely driven at all since and the thought is kind of stressing me out?

I've already arranged with my parents that, most of the time at least, I'll drive them to and from school once we're back, to get back into the swing of things before I start back up with lessons (because they're frickin expensive) but still. I'm stressing over it because I guess my confidence is low and I want to get it over with but driving as a whole thing kind of worries me, although I love it once I'm just on a road with no pressure beyond, you know, crashing.

So, that was a ramble, sorry, but my point was: how did/do you deal with driving stress and a looming practical test? Thanks!
overalltea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I hope you can take actual lessons soon (no jokes about them being expensive), although I bet that little bit of practice with your parents will keep your head in the game somewhat.

Like many learners, during the lockdown I couldn't drive at all despite having my own car, because no one in my household can drive and anyone I could practice with wasn't allowed to I think I was more stressed spending every day refreshing google, trying to find some scrap of news that lessons/tests could start up again and when they did all I felt was relief.

When you can eventually book your test it won't be at short notice like the emergency tests, you'll get to pick your date and give yourself extra time if you feel you need it. My test back in April was cancelled and I'll be taking it next week, I'm sure I'll get stressy again :thumbsup:
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by overalltea)
I hope you can take actual lessons soon (no jokes about them being expensive), although I bet that little bit of practice with your parents will keep your head in the game somewhat.

Like many learners, during the lockdown I couldn't drive at all despite having my own car, because no one in my household can drive and anyone I could practice with wasn't allowed to I think I was more stressed spending every day refreshing google, trying to find some scrap of news that lessons/tests could start up again and when they did all I felt was relief.

When you can eventually book your test it won't be at short notice like the emergency tests, you'll get to pick your date and give yourself extra time if you feel you need it. My test back in April was cancelled and I'll be taking it next week, I'm sure I'll get stressy again :thumbsup:
Ahh, hearing someone going through the same kind of thing does help (I know lots of us are, but still, thanks). And yeh, hopefully the drives with my parents will get me sorted out to begin with, before I start forking out money again .
Good luck on your test, I'm sure you'll pass!
overalltea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by OCorOOC6337)
Ahh, hearing someone going through the same kind of thing does help (I know lots of us are, but still, thanks). And yeh, hopefully the drives with my parents will get me sorted out to begin with, before I start forking out money again .
Good luck on your test, I'm sure you'll pass!
Tell me about it, I'm just about skint and hope so, third time lucky! Good luck on your end too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (192)
29.54%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (108)
16.62%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.92%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.85%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.69%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.85%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.23%

Watched Threads