The Student Room Group

They Laughed at me

So I downloaded this app for fun. I saw my friend use it so I thought it looked fun.

I went on it and I joined a live and the person kept inviting me. I declined it at first but then accepted. Then they all started laughing at me. Except the girls. They said that they were mean and that om pretty.
So im guessing it was because of how I looked. And also that they called me pretty out of pity. Heh that rhymes.

I never really fit in with the crowd. Most of my friends see me as a kid. I don't know how to wear makeup and I usually have two plats at the sides and my hair in a bun.

I don't get what I did wrong. The girls in the lives just had their hair in a messy bun so what's wrong with mine. Is it my face?

I don't know but they started mocking me and justified it by saying that people always mock them and when they do it to them they get offended. But I'm new and I don't make fun of people's looks. This isn't the first time this has happened every time I try to fit in people laugh at me :cc

Well I deleted it anyway

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know I'm not supposed to care what people think but it still really hurts :c

This happens more online then in real life so is it that people are too nice to say it to my face :cc
Yubo is toxic don't worry
Reply 3
It's an app for young people like TSR. They were people my age from UK. I didnt use my face for my pfp or give any personal info. As for the lives. I showed my face for 2/3 seconds then they started laughing then I stopped.

I dont know how to say it but I thought I was normal like everybody else. So I didn't have to wear a bunch of makeup and sit in a perfectly well lighted room just to chat someone. No one else needed to so why did they laugh :cc
How old are you?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
It's an app for young people like TSR. They were people my age from UK. I didnt use my face for my pfp or give any personal info. As for the lives. I showed my face for 2/3 seconds then they started laughing then I stopped.

I dont know how to say it but I thought I was normal like everybody else. So I didn't have to wear a bunch of makeup and sit in a perfectly well lighted room just to chat someone. No one else needed to so why did they laugh :cc

Original post by Vapordave
Yubo is toxic don't worry

Hit the nail right on the head
Is it Yubo by any chance? The people on there are unbelievably toxic and 99% of them have the personality of a damp cardboard box.
Reply 7
Original post by Retronomical
Is it Yubo by any chance? The people on there are unbelievably toxic and 99% of them have the personality of a damp cardboard box.

Yup, I literally downloaded it today and deleted it the same day :/
Reply 8
Oh well im kind of over it now, my dad's buying cookies so I'll feel better after some binge eating c:
Reply 9
Honestly - you said you showed your face for 2/3 seconds. The VAST majority of people, even if they thought your appearance was off, wouldn't a) react that fast b) laugh . They're more likely to genuinely say something rude. Groups of girls messing around literally find everything funny - they were probably laughing at the actual fact that they were using the yubo face chat thing. It probably had nothing to do with you, and then they realised it could've been percieved to be at you, and so complimented you to make your feel better since they didn't mean it maliciously.

If you struggle with your self confidence sometimes, the face chat approach may not be the best way to rectify it :') . Regardless - your self worth isn't dictated by a bunch of strangers online, whether on yubo or on tsr. You're amazing - don't forget that.
Original post by EmRep13
Honestly - you said you showed your face for 2/3 seconds. The VAST majority of people, even if they thought your appearance was off, wouldn't a) react that fast b) laugh . They're more likely to genuinely say something rude. Groups of girls messing around literally find everything funny - they were probably laughing at the actual fact that they were using the yubo face chat thing. It probably had nothing to do with you, and then they realised it could've been percieved to be at you, and so complimented you to make your feel better since they didn't mean it maliciously.

If you struggle with your self confidence sometimes, the face chat approach may not be the best way to rectify it :') . Regardless - your self worth isn't dictated by a bunch of strangers online, whether on yubo or on tsr. You're amazing - don't forget that.

Thank you for the kind message c':

It wasnt the girls laughing btw they were telling me I was pretty after the boys laughed. They were laughing for 5 minutes then made fun of my braids something African child. I dont know lol but it doesn't really matter, there are some toxic apples but then there's the good ones.

I am a bit insecure/lack self confidence so that's something I need to work on. I don't think I'd be as bothered if I wasn't.
Yubo is full of immature people don't worry about it. I've met some decent people but I guess it depends on ypur experience
I never went on their lives anyway, it's just honestly full of weirdos my profile is still up on there hehe I just deleted it :smile:

Don't pay any attention, they're just insecure ab themselves and have nothing better to do :smile: X
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for the kind message c':

It wasnt the girls laughing btw they were telling me I was pretty after the boys laughed. They were laughing for 5 minutes then made fun of my braids something African child. I dont know lol but it doesn't really matter, there are some toxic apples but then there's the good ones.

I am a bit insecure/lack self confidence so that's something I need to work on. I don't think I'd be as bothered if I wasn't.

Oh I misunderstood that. Sounds like the boys were a bunch of racist ****s. Why'd you stay on there, babe? In any case, pay no mind. You're beyond the opinion of prepubescent teens on a dumb app x
Original post by fijitastic
Yubo is full of immature people don't worry about it. I've met some decent people but I guess it depends on ypur experience

same I have too, but I never joined their lives my friend did and she got called a ****** I literally was about to start swinging, some of the people rhat are like that on yubo are clapped anyway so idk what gives them the right to call other people out but hey they do them :smile:
Yeah

Original post by EmRep13
Oh I misunderstood that. Sounds like the boys were a bunch of racist ****s. Why'd you stay on there, babe? In any case, pay no mind. You're beyond the opinion of prepubescent teens on a dumb app x

Yeah, this sounds really dumb but I kinda just wanted to do normal teen things, like I'll see my friends chat about going out, shopping and crushes.
Don't get me wrong, it's not my kinda thing, I choose comfort over extravagance but I thought it'd be fun once in a while haha
don't know what yubo is but is but i've been on an app called,"Monkey" and some people are really rude and some are nice. you just gotta learn how to ignore. (idk if you're religous) but let god deal with those goofy d!ckheads.
Original post by Retronomical

True the boys are bare weird they even had the audacity to pressurise me for nudes, like I swear it was an app to just make friends but my bad :smile: just blocked them all, and some would even say I'm pretty then block, it's safe to say I'm in that 0.000011% I have no damp personality m'aam
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
same I have too, but I never joined their lives my friend did and she got called a ****** I literally was about to start swinging, some of the people rhat are like that on yubo are clapped anyway so idk what gives them the right to call other people out but hey they do them :smile:

people who do yubo lives are absolutely clapped.. but it's usually the people from britain that are really mean
Original post by fijitastic
people who do yubo lives are absolutely clapped.. but it's usually the people from britain that are really mean

Yeah it's the people from Britain, people are so obsessed with looks, I'd always have roadmen inviting me for lives, I never went I knew it was toxic because of my friends experience, I don't get why people put down other people without knowing their personality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending