The Student Room Group

Can I get student finance for a pgce if I have already completed a masters?

Did a 3 year BSc and a one year MSc and now want to do a primary PGCE. Am I eligible for student finance for the PGCE? I thought the PGCE funding was unrelated to any previous loans however when I spoke to someone from the DfE today they said I may not be eligible as I may have used up all my student finance already and this has been the case for the past few years. Are they correct?
Starting to stress out as I thought it would just be a straight forward 'yes'. Thanks in advance.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Yes.
Source: I'm a teacher and know a few people who did this.
Yes, it possible to get funding from SFE, I’d say get in touch with Get Into Teaching for more specific info.
Original post by DrEwan
Yes, it possible to get funding from SFE, I’d say get in touch with Get Into Teaching for more specific info.

Thank you, that is who I spoke to earlier who said it may not be possible if I have used 4 years of student finance, which is what is confusing me as I had never heard this before.
Original post by bluetshirtgirl
Thank you, that is who I spoke to earlier who said it may not be possible if I have used 4 years of student finance, which is what is confusing me as I had never heard this before.

I did a QE-FE qualification alongside work a few years ago and was funded - however it was only part-time and was far less intensive than a PGCE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending