Rkhan13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I have a general question, I’ve applied to study psychology in education and I really like the course when I went to the applicant day. It just that I also have a slight interest in business and working in business but I don’t have the GCSE grade to do a business course. I wanted to know if there’s any possible way that while doing my degree I could do something that could fulfil my interest in business.
Is it possible for me to go into the business field even though my degree isn’t related to business at all?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rkhan13)
I have a general question, I’ve applied to study psychology in education and I really like the course when I went to the applicant day. It just that I also have a slight interest in business and working in business but I don’t have the GCSE grade to do a business course. I wanted to know if there’s any possible way that while doing my degree I could do something that could fulfil my interest in business.
Is it possible for me to go into the business field even though my degree isn’t related to business at all?
Yes if you get a good grade thena lot of grad schemes are non degree specific.
I get the impression you dpont know what you wish to study business or psych? You could do a joint degree?
History98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If you really want to go into business then it's better you focus towards fulfilling the requirements and getting onto the business degree rather than study for the Psych degree.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Rkhan13)
Most people in business don't have a business degree, it's not a requirement at all. Mind you, most people with a psychology degree don't work in psychology either. Degrees and their utility vary greatly.
Rkhan13
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Most people in business don't have a business degree, it's not a requirement at all. Mind you, most people with a psychology degree don't work in psychology either. Degrees and their utility vary greatly.
I like the psychology in education course and the uni and I cant do a business degree there because I don’t have the entry requirements, but the uni that does have the business course, there environment and learning is not great.
The only reason I’m contemplating the degree I’ve picked is because I hear so much good things about a business degree such as how it leads to career, it’s open, but the problem is I’ve never gone to a business open day so I would know if it’s for me, it more of an illusion
Rkhan13
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
So even with my psychology in education degree I can still go a work in a business, with experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (41)
18.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.25%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.24%

Watched Threads