Entry requirements advice (COVID related)

Watch
Gordo25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have applied to nursing and have completed my Access to HE course but I still need to do my functional skills maths level 2. However, I am stuck in Ireland and cant travel to the UK to do the exam yet. I am in the high risk group and so are my parents. The Irish government has also advised against travel. I have no idea what to do and I'll probably lose my place because of this. The unis have been contacted and I am still waiting to hear from them.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Gordo25)
I have applied to nursing and have completed my Access to HE course but I still need to do my functional skills maths level 2. However, I am stuck in Ireland and cant travel to the UK to do the exam yet. I am in the high risk group and so are my parents. The Irish government has also advised against travel. I have no idea what to do and I'll probably lose my place because of this. The unis have been contacted and I am still waiting to hear from them.
Only the uni can decide.
Doesnt Ireland have an equivalent?
If you are in the high risk group, then wont you also be at risk if you were to start a degree?

Can you not just wait till CV19 is under control and start next year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads