The Student Room Group

Help with someone I like please?

I went for a date with someone and we had a great time - we both did! We messaged each other the day after and agreed to meet up again but we left it at he’d let me know when he was free. It’s been nearly a week now and I’ve heard nothing so I don’t know if I’m being paranoid or should I message him? Or would that come across as too needy? Please help as I really like him!
Maybe he actually isn’t free, who knows? I can never figure out guys....

Message him if you must, but only once and in a casual chatty way. If he still doesn’t respond, there’s your answer.
Original post by bettyboo11
I went for a date with someone and we had a great time - we both did! We messaged each other the day after and agreed to meet up again but we left it at he’d let me know when he was free. It’s been nearly a week now and I’ve heard nothing so I don’t know if I’m being paranoid or should I message him? Or would that come across as too needy? Please help as I really like him!

Not getting much info on ages and what he does i.e is he the sort who is actually busy?
In any event the key is confidence.
Behave in a way that makes sense and that is unquestionable, hence just call or message him ONCE as per Oxford mum and ask him if he would like to set up another date and to let you know either way. You could put a time frame in there, such as the next few days. As per oxford mum if he doesnt get back you have your answer. No one is that busy they cant answer a text in 48 hrs if they so wish. He could ofc have had an emergency, but in most cases that is unlikely. He may have had other things on his mind like football, beer and friends? Boys tend to prioritise a bit differently. In any event ask and see. The point about a time frame is to be reasonable but not making you subjkect to waiting for him. It should also send him the message you have other things to do if its not a runner. His job is pretty low which is simply to get back to you.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Not getting much info on ages and what he does i.e is he the sort who is actually busy?
In any event the key is confidence.
Behave in a way that makes sense and that is unquestionable, hence just call or message him ONCE as per Oxford mum and ask him if he would like to set up another date and to let you know either way. You could put a time frame in there, such as the next few days. As per oxford mum if he doesnt get back you have your answer. No one is that busy they cant answer a text in 48 hrs if they so wish. He could ofc have had an emergency, but in most cases that is unlikely. He may have had other things on his mind like football, beer and friends? Boys tend to prioritise a bit differently. In any event ask and see. The point about a time frame is to be reasonable but not making you subjkect to waiting for him. It should also send him the message you have other things to do if its not a runner. His job is pretty low which is simply to get back to you.

Messaged him and he saw it but didn’t reply :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Oxford Mum
Maybe he actually isn’t free, who knows? I can never figure out guys....

Message him if you must, but only once and in a casual chatty way. If he still doesn’t respond, there’s your answer.

His loss. I don’t understand why a guy can have such fun on a date then ghost you, but that’s all part of the frustration of dating.

Time to move on now and “don’t waste the pretty” as a famous self help author once said.
Original post by bettyboo11

Move on then and learn some boys dont always mean what they say.
Also if he saw it and ignored then you missed a rude person. No manners.
You can do better.
Reply 7
i usually take it as if they don't reply within 3 days gd'bye

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending