The Student Room Group

French Vocabulary

Can anyone send me a list of all of the words for the french gcse edexcel 2021 exam. (Higher)

Thank you.
Original post by Mustafa2021
Can anyone send me a list of all of the words for the french gcse edexcel 2021 exam. (Higher)

Thank you.

I did AQA French 2019. I had a textbook with lists for each topic + my own document with random words which came up in questions but I didn't know the meaning of. They're a bit random but I found them helpful. I could send that if you like? Unfortunately I don't have my textbook anymore
If you look on memrise, there should be a spec for 2016 onwards - that's the one you want :smile:
Original post by redmeercat
If you look on memrise, there should be a spec for 2016 onwards - that's the one you want :smile:

Hey, thanks for this. I have two questions.

I does this have all the words in the spec as I would like to memorise all of them.
Also if I memorise all the words in Memrise than do you think this would be sufficient for my gcse next year interms of vocabulary?

I does this have all the words in the spec as I would like to memorise all of them.
Also if I memorise all the words in Memrise than do you think this would be sufficient for my gcse next year interms of vocabulary?

It probably does have all the specific words on the spec, although there will always likely be the odd word or two that you don't know! I did my GCSEs in 2018, tho, and just memorised the memrise vocab and that was completely fine. It never hurts to find more vocab through other means such as lyrics training, reading the news (E.g. Le MONDE online) and using apps like HelloTalk/ finding a penpal, but even if you just learnt these words you'd be completely fine! The trick is to practice exam technique and skills such as speaking and listening to make sure that you do yourself justice! If you'd like, I can recommend learner-friendly podcasts, TV shows etc :smile:

Hi! Yes, it should be all the spec vocab and should also be enough to do well. There will always probably be the odd word that you don't know, but that's sort of inevitable! And of course, it never hurts to learn more vocab, perhaps less formally - HelloTalk, lyricstraining, podcasts and reading the news/ children's books can really help too! But I did GCSE French 2 years ago and I only learnt this vocab and did well enough to have applied to do French at uni next year (tbc next week). The main thing is to balance vocab with other revision such as translation practice and listening, as well as grammar. Let me know if you want any music/podcast/TV show/ film/ grammar book recommendations :smile:
Original post by redmeercat
It probably does have all the specific words on the spec, although there will always likely be the odd word or two that you don't know! I did my GCSEs in 2018, tho, and just memorised the memrise vocab and that was completely fine. It never hurts to find more vocab through other means such as lyrics training, reading the news (E.g. Le MONDE online) and using apps like HelloTalk/ finding a penpal, but even if you just learnt these words you'd be completely fine! The trick is to practice exam technique and skills such as speaking and listening to make sure that you do yourself justice! If you'd like, I can recommend learner-friendly podcasts, TV shows etc :smile:

Thanks. This solved my dilemma 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending