The Student Room Group

BNP thing in town

:mad: I was walking around town this morning and I saw some guys handing out newspapers. I was about to take one, when I saw the BNP logo and recoiled in utter digust.

There was BNP 'thing' - a table and two BNP guys handing out 'newspapers'... I was sickened! I went up to one of them and asked, "So what does the BNP think of foreigners then?" and he tried to downplay the racism by saying, "Well everyone's racist really because racism is the differences between cultures, and of course we all have differences..." :mad: What kind of :smile::smile::smile::smile:ty justification is that?? Hello?? That's not what racism is!

He made a joke about how they weren't Nazis and of course they wouldn't put people in gas chambers...ha ha ha :rolleyes:
He said that "the establishment/government" were just trying to make them look bad...Strange how they don't try to ban, for example, the Conservatives...Wonder why?

He tried to give me a newspaper "Here look, you can read it for free!"
Yuck, I wouldn't touch that :smile::smile::smile::smile: with a bargepole.
"I've read enough about your party on the website, don't worry."
"Oh good, so you know all about it then."
Yeah and how it supports deportation.

He tried to finish explaining how the BNP were "not baddies" but ran out of arguements and said "Oh well, you'd best be off now.." :smile::smile::smile::smile:.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
very polite of you :smile:
Reply 2
Let them be. They are not causing any harm. And hopefully this nation isnt ever going to be stupid enough to vote them in.
sloaney87
Let them be. They are not causing any harm. And hopefully this nation isnt ever going to be stupid enough to vote them in.

A fair point. it could enhance their support if they were banned.
Reply 4
LET THEM BE YES but as for causing harm they can cause alot of harm
Reply 5
sloaney87

They do cause harm though, many BNP members actively entice racial hatred. Also the BNP were elected in Blackburn in 2003.
Reply 6
Never thought the BNP were active in Hampshire
Reply 7
joesharp

I know! Looks like they're starting, though...
Reply 8
they may be starting but dont let them progress any further! :bebored: :secruity: :bebored:
Reply 9
joesharp

:mad: Stupid BNP idiots.
Reply 10
funny signature :aetsch:
Reply 11
amazingtrade
They do cause harm though, many BNP members actively entice racial hatred. Also the BNP were elected in Blackburn in 2003.

Really? You mean Blacburn with Darwen council? They certainly don't have any power in Blackburn now.
Reply 12
Lord Huntroyde
Really? You mean Blacburn with Darwen council? They certainly don't have any power in Blackburn now.

I think I may be getting mixed up with Burnley, it was one of them lancashire towns begening with B, they don't have power now either, it was just for a year.I am not talking about council seats either, just a ward. So I don't think they ever did have control of a council.
Reply 13
amazingtrade
I think I may be getting mixed up with Burnley, it was one of them lancashire towns begening with B, they don't have power now either, it was just for a year.I am not talking about council seats either, just a ward. So I don't think they ever did have control of a council.

They did have control of Burnley council for about two weeks.
Reply 14
Lord Huntroyde
They did have control of Burnley council for about two weeks.

That will be what I was thinking of then, what happened? Why didn't they control it for a year?
Reply 15
amazingtrade
That will be what I was thinking of then, what happened? Why didn't they control it for a year?

There were a few by-elections when they go in power, basically a few Lib Dem councillors deliberately resigned so Labour could get those wards and re-establish a majority.

After that a few BNP councillors resigned or became independant so they don't have much power now.
Reply 16
The BNP have members running for office in each constituency around the country - thats why they are allowed to have a party political broadcast around election time.

I personally think that its shocking...
Sloaney87

People are by their very nature... stupid. The reason why the BNP won seats was because idiots were reacting to 1 really stupid issue. If you look at the BNP's policies... they have no foundation at all. All theyre interested in is getting rid of everyone that isnt "British". Hardly basis to vote for someone really is it? Politics is, sadly, a thing for people who are A) interested in it and B) intelligent enough to realise that theres more going on in the country than a few illegal immigrants. Controversial... maybe... but I think people should have to pass a political competency test in order to have the right to vote :cool: Nothing too taxing, but enough to weedle out the idiots.
*puts on flame-retardant suit* :frown:
Reply 17
No Future
:mad: I was walking around town this morning and I saw some guys handing out newspapers. I was about to take one, when I saw the BNP logo and recoiled in utter digust.

There was BNP 'thing' - a table and two BNP guys handing out 'newspapers'... I was sickened! I went up to one of them and asked, "So what does the BNP think of foreigners then?" and he tried to downplay the racism by saying, "Well everyone's racist really because racism is the differences between cultures, and of course we all have differences..." :mad: What kind of :smile::smile::smile::smile:ty justification is that?? Hello?? That's not what racism is!

He made a joke about how they weren't Nazis and of course they wouldn't put people in gas chambers...ha ha ha :rolleyes:
He said that "the establishment/government" were just trying to make them look bad...Strange how they don't try to ban, for example, the Conservatives...Wonder why?

He tried to give me a newspaper "Here look, you can read it for free!"
Yuck, I wouldn't touch that :smile::smile::smile::smile: with a bargepole.
"I've read enough about your party on the website, don't worry."
"Oh good, so you know all about it then."
Yeah and how it supports deportation.

He tried to finish explaining how the BNP were "not baddies" but ran out of arguements and said "Oh well, you'd best be off now.." :smile::smile::smile::smile:.

You "recoiled in utter disgust" And then you "were sickened" Tell me, were the BNP stormtroopers handing out a newspaper or free bars of soap made from the boiled fat of Aushwitz jews?

My my, aren't we sensitive? I'd love to see how you'd react if you came accross something really sickening. Are you the fainting sort?
Reply 18
Howard
You "recoiled in utter disgust" And then you "were sickened" Tell me, were the BNP stormtroopers handing out a newspaper or free bars of soap made from the boiled fat of Aushwitz jews?

My my, aren't we sensitive? I'd love to see how you'd react if you came accross something really sickening. Are you the fainting sort?

hehehehe!!! :biggrin:
Howard

LOL well said!

Latest

Trending

Trending