Turn on thread page Beta

BNP thing in town watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    try again when :

a) you can spell
    b) you are old enough to vote and in a position to talk about democracy and your right to vote...

ok thanks
    You did better than me, mate- I couldn't even understand what he was on about! You missed;
    c) punctuate your writing
    d) make a coherent point

wow, tiredness does make you *****y...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
    Hey! I might also be too young to vote, but us little 'uns make one hell of a pressure group. Luckily, I can spell profishently, so people might actually listen to me.

"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"
    -Homer Simpson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    You did better than me, mate- I couldn't even understand what he was on about! You missed;
    c) punctuate your writing
    d) make a coherent point

wow, tiredness does make you *****y...
    e) this is the internet. what is teh PUNCTUATION>!?!1one!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    e) this is the internet. what is teh PUNCTUATION>!?!1one!?
    huh?

ReputationRep:
    Trade, the BNP did have a seat in Blackburn at one stage. Millhill if I am not mistaken.

Most of you lot do not know much about the BNP so I suggest you stop calling them. In Burnley where they have won the most amount of seats, the seats were won in rich areas in all but one of the wards. These people are in the main well educated and fully knew what they were doing. They voted BNP as a protest vote because over the last 20 years they have seen Burnley council repeatedly give money to the predominantly asian areas and neglect their wards which in the main is fine but there has been NO improvement in these wards so the people in the rich wards got sick of it. During this time the rich wards became run down with fences etc needing replacing. Nothing major but people are proud of where they live in Lancashire just as every other place in the country. I think most of you don't realise that the surrounding areas of places like Blackburn and Burnley have some of the most lavish houses in the country and Lancashire has one of the highest proportions of Halls in the country per head (same applies to Yorkshire) , it was a VERY rich and important county and not all Lancastrians have a coronation street accent and live in a terraced house that is plastered in Nazi flags because they are too dumb to realise what they are supporting.

In accordance with the laws of this country the BNP have just as much right to campaign anywhere as Labour for example. Granted there will be some individuals in the BNP which are racist and they should be dealt with and not allowed to be part of a political party but only a fool would suggest that there are no racist MP's in the government and shadow government at the moment. Perhaps we should ban mainstream parties if that is the case?

Please read the story of Abraham in Genesis i.e. Sodom et al

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    :mad: I was walking around town this morning and I saw some guys handing out newspapers. I was about to take one, when I saw the BNP logo and recoiled in utter digust.

There was BNP 'thing' - a table and two BNP guys handing out 'newspapers'... I was sickened! I went up to one of them and asked, "So what does the BNP think of foreigners then?" and he tried to downplay the racism by saying, "Well everyone's racist really because racism is the differences between cultures, and of course we all have differences..." :mad: What kind of ty justification is that?? Hello?? That's not what racism is!

He made a joke about how they weren't Nazis and of course they wouldn't put people in gas chambers...ha ha ha :rolleyes:
    He said that "the establishment/government" were just trying to make them look bad...Strange how they don't try to ban, for example, the Conservatives...Wonder why?

He tried to give me a newspaper "Here look, you can read it for free!"
    Yuck, I wouldn't touch that with a bargepole.
    "I've read enough about your party on the website, don't worry."
    "Oh good, so you know all about it then."
    Yeah and how it supports deportation.

He tried to finish explaining how the BNP were "not baddies" but ran out of arguements and said "Oh well, you'd best be off now.." .
    Racism, is shocking, why persecute another group just because they have other cultures and traditions it is unjustified. However I do believe that there should be more measures to takcle illegal immigrants, they are sponging off britain, and sometimes, they are not being persecuted in their own county, and many lie. When an asylum seeker comes into the county they should be background checked more throughly. Even though, in my opinion decent measures are already being imlpemented, they do still need to be improved.

ReputationRep:
    However I do believe that there should be more measures to takcle illegal immigrants, they are sponging off britain, and sometimes, they are not being persecuted in their own county, and many lie. When an asylum seeker comes into the county they should be background checked more throughly. Even though, in my opinion decent measures are already being imlpemented, they do still need to be improved.
    How can you just generalise like that?! what angers me is most of you people who say that asylum seekers are sponging off Britain have no clue about any factual statistics regarding asylum seekers. if you did, you'd shut up, cos you'd see that there aren't as many as the Sun newspaper and the BNP would have you believe.
    I don't understand why people are so selfish, and unwilling to offer asylum seekers (the large majority of whom are genuine) any kind of financial support, or emotional support. Don't you think it's difficult enough for them to have to leave their homes, looking for somewhere safe to stay, without having to face a different kind of persecution in a country where they thought they would be helped?

Racism, is shocking, why persecute another group just because they have other cultures and traditions it is unjustified. However I do believe that there should be more measures to takcle illegal immigrants, they are sponging off britain
    No offence TT, but in saying that you really do sound like the masses of people who frequently insist "I'm not racist, but..." before going on to say something that could be construed as being exactly that. I understand the point you try to make, but it is very hard to say such a thing without attracting comments like you did.

...cos you'd see that there aren't as many as the Sun newspaper and the BNP would have you believe.
    Woo! Down with the Daily Mail et al!

ReputationRep:
    No offence TT, but in saying that you really do sound like the masses of people who frequently insist "I'm not racist, but..." before going on to say something that could be construed as being exactly that. I understand the point you try to make, but it is very hard to say such a thing without attracting comments like you did.

Woo! Down with the Daily Mail et al!
    wise up, nothing she said was even remotely racist. anyone with sense would demand tougher regulations around asylum seekers and immigrants.

i'll add you to the growing list of people banding about the racist term just for the sake of it.

i'll add you to the growing list of people banding about the racist term just for the sake of it.
    No, not me! See, I read her post! Read mine, it says I understand (some of) his views(to an extent)!

I was merely referring to the comments he got from shampagne. In a way, Technik, my point matches your exactly- it can be hard to comment, sometimes, without being called a racist.

You did mean me, right?

So please, take me off the list! Last thing I want is to have people using the phrase "political correctness gone mad" at me any more than they do now. And I get the feeling it's about to start. Anyway, this whole thing is a minefield.

However, to justify the last bit of what you quoted, I would still like to bring down the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    However, to justify the last bit of what you quoted, I would still like to bring down the Daily Mail.

I wouldn't say no to that either

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I might also be too young to vote, but us little 'uns make one hell of a pressure group. Luckily, I can spell profishently, so people might actually listen to me.

"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"
    -Homer Simpson
    Proficiently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shampagne)
    How can you just generalise like that?! what angers me is most of you people who say that asylum seekers are sponging off Britain have no clue about any factual statistics regarding asylum seekers. if you did, you'd shut up, cos you'd see that there aren't as many as the Sun newspaper and the BNP would have you believe.
    I don't understand why people are so selfish, and unwilling to offer asylum seekers (the large majority of whom are genuine) any kind of financial support, or emotional support. Don't you think it's difficult enough for them to have to leave their homes, looking for somewhere safe to stay, without having to face a different kind of persecution in a country where they thought they would be helped?
    Nobody said that all asylum seekers are sponging off Britain, but some of them are while also not respecting our laws and committing crimes. These are the ones we need to get rid of. There's something wrong when the needs of immigrants are put before the needy people in our own country. We can't be expected to help everyone, and schools, the NHS etc will collapse under the pressure if we let any more asylum seekers in. If I thought most asylum seekers were genuine, I may be more sympathetic, but sadly I get the impression most of them just want a 'soft touch' country where they can easily live off state handouts and be given a council house.

Edit: I think we need to distinguish between LEGAL asylum seekers and ILLEGAL immigrants, the latter being the group most people have a problem with because if they were genuine, surely they'd just apply legally. They must have something to hide by trying to sneak in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shampagne)
    Most of them aren't asylum seekers. They are economic refugees.

Proficiently.
    Really? I had no idea whatsoever.

Nobody said that all asylum seekers are sponging off Britain, but some of them are while also not respecting our laws and committing crimes. These are the ones we need to get rid of. There's something wrong when the needs of immigrants are put before the needy people in our own country.
    Hang on, "get rid of"? If they live and work in this country, why should they not be treated the same as ourselves? Say, through the court process? There are a lot of people not respecting our laws, and a lot of them- the majority, I can guess- are British-born. So rather than splitting all migrants to our country into "keep" and "boot" piles, can't we not just afford them a little decency, a little dignity? Say, by judging each case on its merits, rather than deciding the fate of a group of thousands on an internet message board?

Oh, and btw...
    the NHS etc will collapse under the pressure if we let any more asylum seekers in
    It will collapse if we don't let any more in. I can't remember my last English doctor, dentist...

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, "get rid of"? If they live and work in this country, why should they not be treated the same as ourselves? Say, through the court process? There are a lot of people not respecting our laws, and a lot of them- the majority, I can guess- are British-born. So rather than splitting all migrants to our country into "keep" and "boot" piles, can't we not just afford them a little decency, a little dignity? Say, by judging each case on its merits, rather than deciding the fate of a group of thousands on an internet message board?

Oh, and btw...

It will collapse if we don't let any more in. I can't remember my last English doctor, dentist...
    Point!

ReputationRep:

Oh, and btw...

I don't think there are more than 3 doctors in the entire country that are asylum seekers; that is to say fleeing persecution from their homelands.

The doctors you are talking about are economic migrants; those that abandon their countries and come to the UK for more money. This is something the British government has encouraged for years and something (doctors leaving countries where their services are really needed due to very low doctor/patient ratios) I find rather perverse.

Do you agree with me or do you think it's right that we should be harvesting the third world for doctors when we are a super rich country perfectly able to train our own phycisians?

Do you agree with me or do you think it's right that we should be harvesting the third world for doctors when we are a super rich country perfectly able to train our own phycisians?
    We could train them, if only we had them. However, despite our super wealth, there just aren't enough people to teach, nurse and so on, never mind fund pensions for the last generation. Britain is shrinking, and we need people to fill that gap; otherwise, we face crisis as a country.

ReputationRep:

So let's say an illegal immigrant/asylum seeker married someone in your family purely for the right to live over here and then murdered them. Would you not want to see them deported back to wherever they came from?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.