The Student Room Group

Is having to change pad every 3 hours on heaviest days normal or too much

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks

Everyone has different periods, personally I range from changing pads every 8 hours to every half an hour throughout a period. If you're concerned please contact your doctors as that's what they're there for and occasionally heavy periods are symptoms for conditions but only paired with other symptoms. Heavy periods on there own are very very common and not something to worry about but it's always nice to check with a doctor if you're not sure, it's always good to have a professional opinion on these things. Feel free to message me, I have a lot of experience with these things x
nah for me that's normal, so i don't think it should be anything do worry about. everyone's periods are different so there's not really a 'normal' amount of time to wear a pad or tampon really, when you need to change then change. don't wear them for too long tho obviously.
Everyone’s periods are different, I would suggest getting bigger pads or pads that hold a better flow. I would say that wearing bags it just tend to fill up more quicker so 2-3 hrs sounds normal to me but that’s only usually in the beginning of my period for the first 1-3 days. I wear tampons so I change every 4hrs depending on what ones I am using because I just find them more comfortable and my period usually is lighter + is shorter too.
Original post by Anonymous
Everyone’s periods are different, I would suggest getting bigger pads or pads that hold a better flow. I would say that wearing bags it just tend to fill up more quicker so 2-3 hrs sounds normal to me but that’s only usually in the beginning of my period for the first 1-3 days. I wear tampons so I change every 4hrs depending on what ones I am using because I just find them more comfortable and my period usually is lighter + is shorter too.

My autocorrect not bags, pads ****
If it’s normal for you then it’s normal. :smile:
Everyone has different flows, if yours gets heavier or lighter for no discernible reason then that may be a reason to contact your GP but other than that it sounds in the region of normal.
It can also be the type of pad you’re using -you don’t need to use the same type of pad for the full period. Perhaps on your heavy flow days you would want to get a pad designed for a heavy flow and then when it lightens up switch to a lighter pad.
I wouldn’t say three hours is anything to worry about. On my heaviest days I have to change every hour or two and that’s with my medication because my periods are so heavy. Without it I couldn’t even go an hour on days one to three. However if you’re worried then seek advice from your doctor.
Reply 7
its not abnormal. periods can come heavy, very heavy or light
you can also get nasty massive clots in your period
all of this is normal so don't worry
its only a little worrying if they last weeks on end but even then it doesn't mean anything major. at least it didn't for me anyways when i once had a 2 week period a few years ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending