Why do girls go for guys they hate?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm not happy.

She complains about me and thinks I'm cheating. She says things like 'are you sure, your girlfriend might not be happy with that'. Little things like a waitress might just smile at me when we order and that will just make her mad.

She always says guys like me are like this and that - and I'm not saying I'm perfect but I said to her why don't you go for a nicer guy then. She's like no, nice guys are boring.

So what's the deal? Why don't you girls just go for decent guys who will never argue with you and cause issues and you will live happily ever after??
username5194026
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I used to be a nice guy. Now ik why girls hate it. Annoying clingy too much compliments.

They expect something in return for their kindness.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
No your gf is just immature, insecure and jealous, it’s not really what you’re doing, u can’t help what other girls are doing around u however, if they try to make a move to u then yeah u should make it clear you’re not interested and if u are then u need to break up with her. The fact she goes on about cheating makes me think she could be cheating because my ex bf used to do exactly what she was she doing. But it turns out he was cheating on me so he made little things seem like its was me in the wrong but obviously he was insecure so he cheated on me and I stayed loyal. My bf now is a really nice, genuine guy who wants long-term and we just get a long really well, he makes me happy etc. When a girl is younger she wants the guy that doesn’t want her or leads her on because she gets jealous or attached because other girls want him and it kinda makes him more attractive to some girls + it makes them want u more. But as u get older u want someone who’s loyal to u, cares for u so don’t generalise all girls. Also, they try to change the guy but she needs to realise she can’t change u.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thatman100)
I used to be a nice guy. Now ik why girls hate it. Annoying clingy too much compliments.

They expect something in return for their kindness.
Are u being serious ? It’s really attractive when a guy is clingy, not too clingy but it’s nice to feel needed and when they’re affectionate. Don’t change because it’s not annoying, there are plenty of girls that like this.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm not happy.

She complains about me and thinks I'm cheating. She says things like 'are you sure, your girlfriend might not be happy with that'. Little things like a waitress might just smile at me when we order and that will just make her mad.

She always says guys like me are like this and that - and I'm not saying I'm perfect but I said to her why don't you go for a nicer guy then. She's like no, nice guys are boring.

So what's the deal? Why don't you girls just go for decent guys who will never argue with you and cause issues and you will live happily ever after??
Liaten to what your girlfriend is telling you. She'd rather be with someone that is fun and interesting that sometimes annoys her. Than someone that is boring and rarely or never annoys her - apart from being boring.

That makes sense to me.

It makes sense to fill your life with as many adventures as you can, instead of filling it with as many boring bits as you can.

It's fine to enjoy the roller coaster ride of having emotional ups and downs.
username5194026
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are u being serious ? It’s really attractive when a guy is clingy, not too clingy but it’s nice to feel needed and when they’re affectionate. Don’t change because it’s not annoying, there are plenty of girls that like this.
You're probs the only 1. Ik so many girls that dont like that sort of attention.
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Liaten to what your girlfriend is telling you. She'd rather be with someone that is fun and interesting that sometimes annoys her. Than someone that is boring and rarely or never annoys her - apart from being boring.

That makes sense to me.

It makes sense to fill your life with as many adventures as you can, instead of filling it with as many boring bits as you can.

It's fine to enjoy the roller coaster ride of having emotional ups and downs.
I don’t agree with anything your saying, he shouldn’t have to change for her, that doesn’t mean he’s boring at all.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
This ^^^
Ackhnologia
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wonder
I actually wonder...
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
The thrill? It's more fun to be with someone who you can't predict as often than with someone who's always trying to please you, compliment you 24/7 etc.
Of course, not saying girls don't appreciate the compliments... but it can get a bit too much and some guys just don't know when to just stop trying so hard.
A nice mixture between a 'nice guy' and a 'rude guy' is perfect lol.
//Or just someone who is nice & romantic but can be independent.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
I don’t agree with anything your saying, he shouldn’t have to change for her, that doesn’t mean he’s boring at all.
Excuse me, but did I at any point say that he had to change anything for her?

You don't agree with anything that I said in this post?

You don't think that he should listen to his girlfriend?
You don't agree that you should fill your life with as many adventures as you can?
You don't agree that it's fine to enjoy emotional ups and downs?
Yas031119
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
in my opinion girls sorta like guys who keep them on their toes, there's a thrill about them that i can't be bothered to explain, whereas they easily find boredom in guys who settle down so quick and get attached to much for their own liking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads