How would you feel about your boyfriend complimenting another girl

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
My boyfriend will compliment other girls and he tells me I'm overreacting. I'm annoyed about it. I want to end the relationship. Am I overreacting? How would you feel about your boyfriend calling another girl 'so beautiful/gorgeous'?
username5301604
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boyfriend will compliment other girls and he tells me I'm overreacting. I'm annoyed about it. I want to end the relationship. Am I overreacting? How would you feel about your boyfriend calling another girl 'so beautiful/gorgeous'?
Did he say it to them in a flirty manner? was he saying this to you behind closed doors? Highly depends on the context.
Appirition
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Getting annoyed about it suggests you're either jealous, or insecure, or both. Sadly a lot of people are like this though.
Potentially your b/f is mature enough to recognise other girls beauty, be that physical or personality based, whilst also understanding that he is in a relationship with you and therefore wouldn't even think of going any further than being complimentary.
I've dated girls who did this with guys, and a couple of bi girls who did the same with both guys and girls (we both commented on other attractive girls to each other regularly whenever we were out together), and it didn't bother me one bit because we knew who we loved and wanted to be with.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The fact that you said here that you want to end the relationship-then end it.
If your relationship is threatened by one person complimenting other girls and the other not accepting it as okay then it’s not really much of a relationship.
It’s fine to feel unhappy-it’s your feelings no one can tell you how you should or shouldn’t feel-but the fact that it makes you that insecure that you want to end the relationship, and that he thinks your overreacting tells you all you really need to know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.31%
No - I have already returned home (59)
13.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.55%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.21%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed