The Student Room Group

My application is such a mess

Hi, I'm really scared. Oryginally I wanted to study online, but I got myself together and applied in june for London uni. I got an offer and applied for student finance in july, but my dad wrote wrong finance info (different tax year) and submited his p60. Will this be okay? Since he provided proof, will they look at the proof or they'll investigate why is it different? They already sent the proof back and my passport and didnt said nothing about it, they just asked for proof of my residency which is another problem as I'm waiting for paper bank statements from my bank and will send them hopefuly next week. Is it fine that I was on holidays for a long time during those 3 years?

How long did you wait after your evidence was submited for your application to be approved?

I'm scared I won't get it at all and I'll start my studies and have no way to pay my debt.

This is with SF northern ireland
Original post by flowersformyt
Hi, I'm really scared. Oryginally I wanted to study online, but I got myself together and applied in june for London uni. I got an offer and applied for student finance in july, but my dad wrote wrong finance info (different tax year) and submited his p60. Will this be okay? Since he provided proof, will they look at the proof or they'll investigate why is it different? They already sent the proof back and my passport and didnt said nothing about it, they just asked for proof of my residency which is another problem as I'm waiting for paper bank statements from my bank and will send them hopefuly next week. Is it fine that I was on holidays for a long time during those 3 years?

How long did you wait after your evidence was submited for your application to be approved?

I'm scared I won't get it at all and I'll start my studies and have no way to pay my debt.

This is with SF northern ireland

Rigot, wrong tax year off your dad? Get a paper pff2 of gov.uk/student-finance-forms. He sends that in with a copy of the 1819 tax year p60, cover letter with his customer number, signed dated explaining the mistake. Did he put he was single or is a partner involved? If he put divorced/ widowed they'll want photocopy proof. If he lives with a partner they need to send a pff2 also (they can complete on the same form).
Reason you havent heard about it is that student finance will do nothing with it until your residency is sorted out. Make sure any residency docs you send in include a cover letter stating it's what it's for with you customer number. Make sure the doc covers the first dd/mm/yyyy date they want. How long were you away for? They may want proof you were planning to return if the holiday was more than a month (return tickets, temporary visas).
He wrote wrong tax year info but sent the right year p60. Does he needs to send p60 again?

One time I was away on holiday for nearly a year, but I only stayed at my grandmum's place and did nothing, as I was unemployed and depressed. I can probably find some flight tickets in my e-mail, but most of them are gone (they show up on bank statements, but only state Airline name).

Is it better to apply through EU and not a NI resident? But I am a NI resident...
Original post by flowersformyt
He wrote wrong tax year info but sent the right year p60. Does he needs to send p60 again?

One time I was away on holiday for nearly a year, but I only stayed at my grandmum's place and did nothing, as I was unemployed and depressed. I can probably find some flight tickets in my e-mail, but most of them are gone (they show up on bank statements, but only state Airline name).

Is it better to apply through EU and not a NI resident? But I am a NI resident...

Right, well dad can just send the pff2, explaining he has already sent the p60, they will still want his details on the form to confirm if he has any other sources of income.
I would try find flight tickets, perhaps if someone professional knew the situation they could vouch for you? But explain the situation in a cover letter if theres not much you can use. I used a facebook post to prove I got back from Australia! (Mortifying).
When you say EU or NI, what citizenship do you have? If you've generally been living in NI for last 3 years you apply with them not SFE. If you have an EU passport, you need to be in England for 5 years, I'm not sure if SFNI's terms are the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending