The Student Room Group

Applying for student finance

Hello,

I have started to process of applying for student finance, however I am not sure whether to apply online as a UK student or with PN1 form.

I have pre-settled status and hold a EU passport and meet the criteria of a ''Migrant worker''. Can I apply online?

Also If I have to write PN1 form, I just recently changed my address and on the bank statements my old address is stated and I know that I have to send my original EU passport or ID card along with the application and the evidence, will there be a problem and will I receive my passport or ID card on my new address or on the address stated on the bank statement.

Can I somehow writte a return label, on the letter containing all the documents with my new address on the label. or write the new address in the PN1 form, so I can recieve my passport back on my new address and not on the old one?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by gogofitness94
Hello,

I have started to process of applying for student finance, however I am not sure whether to apply online as a UK student or with PN1 form.

I have pre-settled status and hold a EU passport and meet the criteria of a ''Migrant worker''. Can I apply online?

Also If I have to write PN1 form, I just recently changed my address and on the bank statements my old address is stated and I know that I have to send my original EU passport or ID card along with the application and the evidence, will there be a problem and will I receive my passport or ID card on my new address or on the address stated on the bank statement.

Can I somehow writte a return label, on the letter containing all the documents with my new address on the label. or write the new address in the PN1 form, so I can recieve my passport back on my new address and not on the old one?

Hi, Migrant Worker funding can take some time to process. My opinion is that it's better for you to apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only first and once the Tuition Fee Loan is approved and in place then apply for the Migrant Worker funding. If you are starting University this year then you are applying very late so if you only apply for the Migrant Worker funding then the fee will be delayed and the university will want to know why.

To apply for the Migrant Worker funding you must send the PN1 form in the post and meet the Migrant Worker criteria listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, Migrant Worker funding can take some time to process. My opinion is that it's better for you to apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only first and once the Tuition Fee Loan is approved and in place then apply for the Migrant Worker funding. If you are starting University this year then you are applying very late so if you only apply for the Migrant Worker funding then the fee will be delayed and the university will want to know why.

To apply for the Migrant Worker funding you must send the PN1 form in the post and meet the Migrant Worker criteria listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac

What about the address, if I post PN1 form from my new address will it be posted back to my old address which is on the bank statement or will it be returned to me on my new address ?
What about the address, if I post PN1 form along with my ID card from my new address will it be posted back to my old address which is on the bank statement or will it be returned to me on my new address ?
What about the address, if I post PN1 form from my new address will it be posted back to my old address which is on the bank statement or will it be returned to me on my new address ?

What about the address, if I post PN1 form along with my ID card from my new address will it be posted back to my old address which is on the bank statement or will it be returned to me on my new address ?

The ID will be returned to the address you input on your application.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest