The Student Room Group

Sending ID and UK national insurance number (to-do list)

Hello!
I'm planning to start my master's in September (UCL, full-time, 1 year course) and I'm now applying for the pg loan for tuition fees. I'm paying EU/home fees for my master's.
I've submitted my application and on my "to-do list" there are two things:
1. sending my ID
2. submitting my UK national insurance number.

My questions are:
1. How long does the whole sending/reviewing/getting back my ID procedure take?
2. Do I really need a UK national insurance number if I only apply for the tuition fees loan (£11,222) and I'm in the EU/home category? If so, how do I get one (can I do it remotely)?

Any help is very much appreciated!!
Thank you!
Original post by MarthaNt
Hello!
I'm planning to start my master's in September (UCL, full-time, 1 year course) and I'm now applying for the pg loan for tuition fees. I'm paying EU/home fees for my master's.
I've submitted my application and on my "to-do list" there are two things:
1. sending my ID
2. submitting my UK national insurance number.

My questions are:
1. How long does the whole sending/reviewing/getting back my ID procedure take?
2. Do I really need a UK national insurance number if I only apply for the tuition fees loan (£11,222) and I'm in the EU/home category? If so, how do I get one (can I do it remotely)?

Any help is very much appreciated!!
Thank you!

Hi, as an EU National you don't need to provide a National Insurance Number. You can ignore this request on the to do list, you only need to send original ID and you can submit UK bank details when you arrive in the UK and set up a bank account.

ID evidence currently takes 11 working days to process.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, as an EU National you don't need to provide a National Insurance Number. You can ignore this request on the to do list, you only need to send original ID and you can submit UK bank details when you arrive in the UK and set up a bank account.

ID evidence currently takes 11 working days to process.
Thanks, Isaac

Hello Isaac, thank you so much for your reply! I sent off my ID today, when do you think I'll get it back? Will I be notified when they receive it and when they send it off again?
Hello Isaac, thank you so much for your reply! I sent off my ID today, when do you think I'll get it back? Will I be notified when they receive it and when they send it off again?

You're welcome. We used to provide confirmation when we received the evidence but due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have had to stop this temporarily. It currently takes 11 working days to process ID and it will be returned to you via special delivery. You should receive an email with a tracking number.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Isaac
You're welcome. We used to provide confirmation when we received the evidence but due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have had to stop this temporarily. It currently takes 11 working days to process ID and it will be returned to you via special delivery. You should receive an email with a tracking number.
Thanks, Isaac

Great! Thank you very much for your help!
Great! Thank you very much for your help!

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending