storm.trooper
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi guys,
I've applied to study medicine in 2020 with offers at Birmingham and Aston however I'm not so sure that I will get into either now due to the COVID-19 situation. I can't sit any a-level exams and so am not in control of the results I get, which is very worrisome. In response to this, I reckon I'll have to take out a gap year if I don't get my desired results on the 13th of August and so have a list of questions that I've been meaning to ask. Please feel free to answer these as it may help others too, Thank you!!
1. When is the earliest date I can sit my a-level exams?
2. When do the Autumn exams begin?
3. Would an exam taken in the summer of 2021 count as a resit as opposed to an exam in Autumn?
4. As I want to apply for medicine at universities, I have to sit my UKCAT and thus sitting an exam in Autumn may be very difficult as I have to revise for the medical exam. Thus, is it likely that I can sit my exams in the summer?
5. When I reapply for UCAS, they will ask for predicted grades or if I've received my actual grades. What option would I pick for this?
6.Furthermore, when reapplying for UCAS, I need to be predicted 3 A's. How do I get these predictions if I am not happy with the results my teachers and Ofqual have given me and know I can do better?
Akanya31x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Best to ask the universiities you have an offer from if they count summer exams as first sitting or retake not all uni's will say the same or do the same.

i know for me keele uni have said that they will count summer exams as first sittings aswell and will reinstate my offer if i inform them that i would like to take the exams in the summer. But my firm leicester haven't said anything on the matter so not sure.
storm.trooper
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Elissamoor123)
Best to ask the universiities you have an offer from if they count summer exams as first sitting or retake not all uni's will say the same or do the same.

i know for me keele uni have said that they will count summer exams as first sittings aswell and will reinstate my offer if i inform them that i would like to take the exams in the summer. But my firm leicester haven't said anything on the matter so not sure.
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Taking your advice, I have emailed both universities on their take of the exams, now all I have to do is wait and see.

Also, congrats on both offers!!
Akanya31x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by storm.trooper)
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Taking your advice, I have emailed both universities on their take of the exams, now all I have to do is wait and see.

Also, congrats on both offers!!
no problem and congrats on your offers too!! xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (101)
13.38%
I'm not sure (32)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (236)
31.26%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.38%
I'm not a current university student (368)
48.74%

Watched Threads