The Student Room Group

what is going on with my teeth rn??

hiya,
for the last 3 days or so (pretty much since the heatwave started) i (f17) have had this weird feeling in my molars, mostly on the top side of my teeth. it's not exactly painful, more uncomfortable; as if something is pressing or causing pressure against them. i read something about my wisdom teeth coming through at this sort of age, but i have literally no idea as to whether this is what's happening or if its something completely different. would anyone happen to have any idea as to what might be going on?
thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I got this on and off when my wisdom teeth were on their way in. For me I was around 19 when it started happening.
Reply 3
Original post by UnwantedKid
I got this on and off when my wisdom teeth were on their way in. For me I was around 19 when it started happening.

thanks, that's good to know! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
hiya,
for the last 3 days or so (pretty uch since the heatwave started) i (f17) have had this weird feeling in my molars, mostly on the top side of my teeth. it's not exactly painful, more uncomfortable; as if something is pressing or causing pressure against them. i read something about my wisdom teeth coming through at this sort of age, but i have literally no idea as to whether this is what's happening or if its something completely different. would anyone happen to have any idea as to what might be going on?
thanks! :smile:

Sounds like the beginning of wisdom teeth. Much the same as I had at that age. Get it checked out at the dentist- you have nothing to lose.
I had all four of mine out under general anaesthetic in hospital just before my nineteenth birthday. Sore and could only consume through a straw for a few days afterwards, but otherwise no issues.
The dentist can decide the best course of action- normally if they are not likely to impact or cause problems they leave them be.
Hope this helps.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Chopinnocturne31

Thanks for the tag :biggrin:

Agree with the above - it’s most likely your wisdom teeth trying to come out as the age range for this is typically 17-25.
Next time you go for a check up, let your dentist know so that they can reassure you or take some x-rays to double check.
Reply 6
Original post by Mesopotamian.

Agree with the above - it’s most likely your wisdom teeth trying to come out as the age range for this is typically 17-25.
Next time you go for a check up, let your dentist know so that they can reassure you or take some x-rays to double check.

hi, thanks for the advice! also how long do wisdom teeth take to come out? just bc this feeling is kinda annoying on my teeth! :smile:

No problem. I thought you were the best person to answer haha :smile:
hi, thanks for the advice! also how long do wisdom teeth take to come out? just bc this feeling is kinda annoying on my teeth! :smile:

Teeth usually take about 6 months to grow out from their predecessors but wisdom teeth are a bit of an anomaly.

If they erupt (the dental term for teeth growing out) completely it should take about 6 months more or less - however it’s good to keep in mind that not all wisdom teeth erupt completely due to space constraints in the mouth. Sometimes they may remain partially erupted forevermore - so if you notice 2 years from now that your teeth have only half come out, then this is probably why.

Edit: once the teeth have erupted as much as they can, the irritating “teething” sensation should stop, so even if they do only partially erupt, you won’t have this same irritation forever :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

I have one fully erupted, one that's clearly there but not coming out, and two which are missing. Progress stopped being made 2-3 years ago and I'm now 24 and haven't had any more issues since!
I got there first :ahee:😂
You will not defeat me :battle:
:catfight:
@Chopinnocturne31 @Hellohsjakodsmka How have you two turned this thread into a battle :rofl: Let's be nice and agree to a truce everyone :dancing2:

Edit: not sure if my tags are working?
Edit 2: why aren't my tags working :angry:
(edited 3 years ago)
I agree lol. It’s so cute 🥰
@Chopinnocturne31 @Hellohsjakodsmka How have you two turned this thread into a battle :rofl: Let's be nice and agree to a truce everyone :dancing2:

Edit: not sure if my tags are working?
Edit 2: why aren't my tags working :angry:

BUT SHE RAN OVER ME WITH A BIKEEEE :broken:
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
BUT SHE RAN OVER ME WITH A BIKEEEE :broken:

:eek: how dare you :argh: You must recompense @Chopinnocturne31with a rainbow Littmans stethoscope now :stomp:
:eek: how dare you :argh: You must recompense @Chopinnocturne31with a rainbow Littmans stethoscope now :stomp:

AGREED! Where’s my stethoscope ? :mob:
Why do you have so many bikes? My bike collection got stolen last week... :eyeball:

YOU ATE MY STETHOSCOPE?! :whip2::angry:
THIEF :eek4: I'm coming for you :dumbells: I'll crush you into a thousand pieces

Quick Reply