If I got a 2.2 (53%) in second year what % would I need to achieve a 1st in final?

Watch
reereelovesu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I got a 53.3% in 2nd year and the weightings of my university are

2nd year 30%
final year 70%

I had 6 modules in 2nd year and my marks were

What percentage would I need in final year to get a first?

God bless, just need encouragement!
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think you need to be realistic. You'd need to get around 80% in your final year to get a first overall and you seem to have not gotten a first at all (not even a low first), which indicates that unless you really change things up, your attainment will stay around a low 2.ii. Aim for a 2.i as your top goal. Good luck.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So so far you have 53.3% worth 30% so you have gained 15.99% of your total degree mark.

To get to a first you would need a mark of 77% for third year (however they work it out across the modules)

To get a 2.i you will need a final mark of 63% for your third year.

And I echo the sentiment of the poster above- since your marks so far have fallen into 2ii aside from your 67% aiming for a 2i is a more realistic goal unless there were other factors at play through your second year that won’t be present in your third year.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads