The Student Room Group

Law Degree

Hi,
I`m going into y13 and preparing my UCAS and I'm torn between lit or law at university and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what it truly is like.
Original post by cbutler100
Hi,
I`m going into y13 and preparing my UCAS and I'm torn between lit or law at university and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what it truly is like.

Both have lots of books, lots of reading and lots of riding.
Law students think they own the uni and stride around envisaging who they will sue or fascinating friends about the legal complexities of invitation to treat at the supermarket. A curious mix of alpha females and nerds competing with each other.
Lit students far nicer and much higher number of girls.

Go to lectures fall asleep and have a giggle with friends.
Go to tutorials and have a laugh with tutors.
Write essays.
Sit exams.
Make friends bf/gf.
Drink beer.
Shop.
Say hi to the spider mouse or rat.
Lots of netflix.
Dugs.
Amazing sex on tap.
Clubbing and societies.
Parties.
Social distancing.
Arguments over milk and toilet rolls.
Fighting to be in the top clique.
Crying.
Late nights.
Finding the library and pretending to work.
Chatting with friends whilst sunbathing on the quad.
Running out of money.
revising.

This is just on the first day.
Reply 2
Hi,

I did a law degree, and there's alot of reading to be done and it's certainly challenging however, if you're that way inclined it's going to be a very enjoyable 3/4 years.

I will stress, you need lots of work experience throughout your degree.
Reply 3
Original post by ACE_DK
I did a law degree, and there's alot of reading to be done and it's certainly challenging however, if you're that way inclined it's going to be a very enjoyable 3/4 years.

I will stress, you need lots of work experience throughout your degree.

did you find it hard to find work experience
Reply 5
did you find it hard to find work experience

Relatively hard as I had no contacts in the industry, I ended up getting my first one by winning a competition hosted by a law firm. So, you just have to think outside the box I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending