Is this cheating?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I was talking dirty to my ex without the intent of having sex. Is this cheating?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No.
Talk to whoever you like.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I wouldn’t call it cheating but assuming you’re in a relationship already and talking to an ex, how would you feel if your partner was talking dirty with their ex? I personally would feel pretty uncomfortable and like the relationship isn’t good
AntqueenLucy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I mean you probably wouldn't be comfortable telling your current partner about it so whether it's cheating or not is irrelevant. Just don't do it lmao
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What a stupid comment. It's not just talking, its sexting. Regardless of their intentions, they are leading their ex on. I'm sure their partner would 100% not approve.
But she ain't going behind his back, that's cheating, that's called being unfaithful, leading him on isn't the same as cheating
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by kekedoyouloveme?)
But she ain't going behind his back, that's cheating, that's called being unfaithful, leading him on isn't the same as cheat
I highly doubt they have told their partner they are sexting their ex, so that is absolutely going behind their back
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I highly doubt they have told their partner they are sexting their ex, so that is absolutely going behind their back
OP never mentioned a partner... she mentioned her ex, you can be single and still have an ex.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 months ago
Yes it is
Anonymous #5
Report 2 months ago
OP never mentioned a partner... she mentioned her ex, you can be single and still have an ex.
but then how would they think this is cheating? doesn't that mean they are certainly in a relationship currently for this to count as cheating?

And OP, the one of the most important things in a relationship is trust. Sexting an ex while in a relationship with another... if your current partner found out, I don't think they'd be happy and trust you again
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
but then how would they think this is cheating? doesn't that mean they are certainly in a relationship currently for this to count as cheating?

And OP, the one of the most important things in a relationship is trust. Sexting an ex while in a relationship with another... if your current partner found out, I don't think they'd be happy and trust you again
But OP was so vague, so it's safe to say we don't entirely know if she's cheating or not, seeing as she never mentioned having a partner I think she's getting confused between leading him on, and cheating. They're different things.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I was talking dirty to my ex without the intent of having sex. Is this cheating?
Would you be upset if your partner had done it to their ex? If no, then alright. If yes, you know what to do.
Nishigawa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Well not in the physical sense. But verbal cheating, yes. You are verbally cheating.
Anonymous #5
Report 2 months ago
But OP was so vague, so it's safe to say we don't entirely know if she's cheating or not, seeing as she never mentioned having a partner I think she's getting confused between leading him on, and cheating. They're different things.
I see your point
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I see your point
Dw if she did cheat, that's wrong I'd agree x
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If either or both of you are in a relationship, yes, it's emotional cheating.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.77%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.85%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.79%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.54%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.8%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed