Waking up at 4am for GCSE

Watch this thread
Josh-fc
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’m going into year 11 in September and what to achieve all A* at gcse at a minimum but I’m aiming for all/ mostly 9s and no 7s or lower. I have made a revision timetable that allows me to revise 8 hours a day on a week day and 10 on a weekend but in order to do this I have to wake up at 4am to study for 3 hours before school with the rest of the daily revision being during lunchtime ( 1 hour) and after school (4 hours) I would be sleeping by 9 so I would still get 7 hours sleep is this recommended and has anyone who’s done it give any advice
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Don’t do this, this is stupid and a huge waste of time. Don’t be like that YouTuber that did/does 15 hour revision days, it’s just not necessary and never will be. There isn’t anywhere near enough GCSE content to warrant that much time spent revising it.
aeruk
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
In my opinion, please do not do this. It really isn’t worth it, especially for GCSEs. You won’t have time to do anything but revise and will likely get burnt out very quickly. Enjoy year 11 and start grinding with your A levels, 3-4 subjects are much more manageable than 9+ subjects.
What grades are you at in your subjects at the moment? Do you really need to work that much to get mostly 9s? And why does it matter to you that you do?
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Please don’t do that. 8-10 hours of revision is way too excessive and you’re more likely to experience burn out, meaning that everything you revise isn’t going to stay out in your head because you’re going to exhaust yourself. I would say that 1 hour before school starts is the most you should do, and about 2 hours after school is fine. I only did 1 hour before school every day and 1 after school, and then I used class time to go over content so all in all I only ended up doing 10 hours of extra revision a week. I got 2 grade 8’a, 2 7’s, a 6-6 and 2 D* (grade 8 equivalent). You really don’t need to do that much revision. Even for all 9’a, I’d say what you’re planing is way too excessive. You need to think about your health. The number of hours of sleep is unimportant (as in, it doesn’t matters if you’re getting enough hours of sleep), you’re still overpowering yourself throughout the day and trust me, after doing 3 hours in a morning and then all your lessons and then revising during your breaks and lunches and revising when you get home...you’re not gonna wake up at 4am. No way. You’re going to exhaust your brain and body. Think about your health too
Export kid
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
That sounds like a really bad idea, i got 2 9's and the rest 7's and 8's with really no revision outside of school hours and i'm not one of those exceptionally gifted 1% people.
I found that keeping my mind healthy and sharp allowed me to focus almost 100% in my lessons so i took it on board way more than most others. In my experience, it's better to keep yourself in a more relaxed and productive state than spend hours and hours on what can be less productive work.

Good luck!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Josh-fc)
So I’m going into year 11 in September and what to achieve all A* at gcse at a minimum but I’m aiming for all/ mostly 9s and no 7s or lower. I have made a revision timetable that allows me to revise 8 hours a day on a week day and 10 on a weekend but in order to do this I have to wake up at 4am to study for 3 hours before school with the rest of the daily revision being during lunchtime ( 1 hour) and after school (4 hours) I would be sleeping by 9 so I would still get 7 hours sleep is this recommended and has anyone who’s done it give any advice
This is just not needed. You won’t last doing this either.

Better to find a way to routinely work & revise, leave time for hobbies and enjoy life.

NGL work load takes a big jump after GCSEs so I wouldn’t waste it excessively working to exhaustion, & burn out.
User828292
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Josh-fc)
Trust me, you dont need to revise that much, especially at the beginning of the yr 11, you'll end up forgetting everything and burning yourself out. For gcses, all you need to do is listen properly in class, make sure you understand then content and only do a few hours everyday after January
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I spent less than that studying at uni. Absolutely not necessary to do that much studying for GCSEs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (0)
0%
No (0)
0%
I didn't use it to prepare (1)
100%

Watched Threads