The Student Room Group

Urgent help (confused)

Hi

I’m sure you guys maybe aware results day is approaching. I’m a current year 13 student and didn’t apply to uni this year due to not high enough predicted grades . I was hoping to take summer exams and take a gap year then apply , but due to corona coming in it wasn’t possible . Now what I want to do is do the exams in summer 2021 with the current year 12s , would i have to take the exams privately or with the school and when I would I apply to uni. I’m really worried because all my friends are going uni and I’m left.
Original post by Antimatter123
Hi

I’m sure you guys maybe aware results day is approaching. I’m a current year 13 student and didn’t apply to uni this year due to not high enough predicted grades . I was hoping to take summer exams and take a gap year then apply , but due to corona coming in it wasn’t possible . Now what I want to do is do the exams in summer 2021 with the current year 12s , would i have to take the exams privately or with the school and when I would I apply to uni. I’m really worried because all my friends are going uni and I’m left.

You could have taken them in the Autumn?
In any event it is up to the school they might let you resit a year or they might not.
If not then you can ask if you can sit the exams there, which they may or may not allow, but that would be cheaper.
In the event they say no, again, then you would have to find and pay for a private exam centre which will cost you close to a thousand pounds.

Dont worry about your friends going to uni as you wont see a lot of them again.
You should make plenty of new friends at uni.
I don’t want to take it in autumn, october is nearby and I haven’t revised much . Taking it privately would cost . But it I take it with the school then I would have to visit school just for the exams or go school with the year 12s
Come someone plz reply
It’s up to your school whether they would let you redo year 13 this year and/or sit the exams as a private candidate next summer. You need to contact your school for the answer.

Quick Reply

Latest