?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
... as it says aha
Libbyc16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i didn’t revise at all in year 10, just start in year 11. but if you’re worried start in the summer before year 11.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
An hour a day would be sufficient
Oshmit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on how much commitment you want to give... I did an hour a day and upped that to 2 hours/day during my mock exams...
honeybuns2k5
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Libbyc16)
i didn’t revise at all in year 10, just start in year 11. but if you’re worried start in the summer before year 11.
what were ur grades tho
Nutella!
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you don’t wanna overwhelm yourself, but definitely do some, it’ll only benefit you later on!
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
an hour per day per subject
honeybuns2k5
Rep:
?
(Original post by royalty1702)
an hour per day per subject
so 8 hours a day???
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
max 2 extra outside of school including hwk
Last edited by vix.xvi; 1 month ago
AM.TSR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably best to take it easy in Year 10. I didn't do any but I reckon maybe an hour a day would be good.
student_life2020
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did 1 hour a week per subject so I did 8 subjects and throughout the 7 days 1 hour towards them
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by honeybuns2k5)
so 8 hours a day???
no obviously doing 2 subjects a day
harleyx123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
... as it says aha
i'm going into yr 10 too!
it doesn't matter about the quantity but the quality!
are you in yr10 or going into yr 10 x
Axesha_cx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just wrote notes and flash cards for a topic when we finished learning it in class. These notes come in handy for year 11
lilz0403
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,

Basically I would say that instead of doing core studying in year 10, you should focus more on making resources! Also, whenever you have a big test or mocks coming up, you want to study very hard like you're doing your real GCSEs. This will help you when you're doing your real exams because you will have already been increasing your stamina.

Personally, I revised what I had learnt each week between lessons for each subject. This meant that I could sometimes go ahead of my class and it meant that I had consolidated by the time of exams.

Now, not everyone might agree with this, but we had 6 hours of lessons in an 8.5 hour school day, and I usually had free periods, so I studied for 3-4 hours a day. Sometimes, I studied during lunch, in my free periods and then after school. We finished school at 5:30, but we had 2.5 hours worth of breaks, so i used them too. This meant that after school, I would do around 2 hours of study (dinner in between) and then 1.5-2 hours of homework after that and be done by around 9:30. On Saturdays, we had lessons from 9-11 and then I would study from 12-7 (meals and breaks inbetween), so weekends are also super useful if you want to really consolidate on your work. On Sundays, I would work from around 12-5, and before and after that, I would read a book, watch a movie or go out with friends, so I still had some social balance.

All in all, I am doing ten subjects and so I studied about 32 hours a week. This was extremely wild and I am now going into year 11 with the mock grades: 8888888876 (we dont get 9s in year 10 so the 8 is our highest grade), so it all worked out well in the end!

This means that if you're doing 8 subjects, I would say between 2-3 hours per subject per week (maybe even four if you can) and this includes homework, and you should be all good!
Last edited by lilz0403; 1 month ago
honeybuns2k5
Rep:
?
(Original post by harleyx123)
i'm going into yr 10 too!
it doesn't matter about the quantity but the quality!
are you in yr10 or going into yr 10 x
going in to it too!!
harleyx123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
going in to it too!!
oooh that's cool !
good luck !
you'll do fine at GCSE anyways ( i can tell)
honeybuns2k5
Rep:
?
(Original post by harleyx123)
oooh that's cool !
good luck !
you'll do fine at GCSE anyways ( i can tell)
aw tysm! I bet you will too! 💕 which did you choose? I chose triple science, geography and business studies ❤️
redmeercat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In year 10 you should do your homework to the best of your ability and revise for class tests when they're set, but you don't need to be studying more than that. Just make sure that you work hard in school and on the work that you're given, and that you ask your teacher if you don't understand something in class. Write the best class notes you can and you'll be ready to revise for end of year mocks and things in the easter term (If you're doing a language, you might want to get started on the vocab list by doing 5 words on memrise every so often, but you should make the most of year 10 before exam prep seriously starts in year 11
harleyx123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
aw tysm! I bet you will too! 💕 which did you choose? I chose triple science, geography and business studies ❤️
BROOO I CHOSE THEM TOO!!!
triple science - AQA
business - edexcel
geography - AQA
food and nutrition
higher maths - edexcel
omg yayayayay!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads