Amy hull 123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m getting a 2009 Mini Cooper and it has 6 gears but the reverse gear is right next to gear one. Can anyone with a mini tell me what this is like as I’m scared from slipping into reverse in a line of traffic. Do you know when your in reverse? Like do you press a button to put it in R or push the gear stick down or could you easily go into R thinking it’s 1.
Jasmine1911
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My driving instructor had a mini! It’s really hard to go into reverse, you have to give it quite a big whack to the side. It’s not just like pushing it into 1st you’ve got to have a bit of force behind it.
Teddy650123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pretty sure every car has some sort of safety feature to stop you smashing your gearbox to bits by going into reverse when moving forward? I can’t remember exactly but when I learnt in a mini I believe there was a button on the stick to press in, my current corsa has a button on stick too that you have to press down or it won’t move into reverse gear.

Don’t stress it
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Trust me - you'll know. You have to pull it hard towards the Reverse before you pull up/down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (47)
14.11%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.81%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.34%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.91%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.41%

Watched Threads