Sebastian has passed away

Watch
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For those that don't know Sebastian was my emotional support hamster, pictured here the other week;

I obtained him in September 2018 and he helped me get through university as someone with a severe mental health condition. I have talked about him extensively on my blogs and other places on tsr so it felt right to make this thread for him

He passed away in his sleep tonight (he went for a little nap and then i found him as he was).

I feel devastated, he meant so much to me and we have been through so much together. He was over 2 (born in july 2018) so i feel happy he lived to such a long age. He went without illness or suffering so that makes it a bit easier.

RIP Sebastian :heart: 2020 has been awful, i had to fight to keep him in january (my doctor sorted it so my accommodation let me keep him), my favourite guinea pig passed in February and the rest of 2020 as a whole.

Tagging people who knew him (some who met him) so i dont have to tell everyone individually.

Would appreciate some kind words

Sebastian July 2018 - August 2020 :silverwings:

Love you little guy
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh Cavy. :console: I'm so sorry. He's such a special little guy, we will never forget him. Here if you need me. :console:
kekedoyouloveme?
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Awe hopefully he's in hamster heaven with a big wheel.. x
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to hear this. :hugs:
TheStarboy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm sorry to hear this. He sounds like a very special hamster who created a lot of memories. He won't be forgotten :console:
username5177602
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Sorry to hear this, mate. :console:
sakura_23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He was clearly a great hamster, and I’m sure that wherever he is now, he’s living the best afterlife possible and will never be forgotten. 💜
Bill V2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to hear about this :console: Hope you're feeling alright
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh Cavy, Im so sorry to hear He sounds like such a wonderful friend, and he was so lucky to have such a loving home with you :console:
15Characters...
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really sorry to hear that, I hope you are feeling OK. He was a very lucky hamster to have such a caring owner.

:console:
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
<3 Rip wee Sebastian
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:rip:
Sending you lots of love Cavy :lovehug: Am off to sleep now but around tomorrow if you want to talk or anything :hugs:
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Coolcavy, Sebastian is clearly very important in your life and I think he’s clearly been a wonderful friend. He’s helped you through your best and worst times and he’ll always live in all of our memories as a great hamster. RIP Sebastian
Bill V2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
---
Last edited by Bill V2; 1 month ago
gostoopid
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo sebastian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m so sorry to hear this :hugs:Sebastian sounds like a very special hamster and a lovely friend, and I’m sure he had a very enjoyable life May his memory be a blessing.

Thoughts are with you at this tough time :jumphug:
Last edited by becausethenight; 1 month ago
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh Cavy :cry:

I got a lump in my throat when I saw this notification. It feels very sudden. I suppose that might be a good thing if it meant the little fella felt no pain. :heart:

I feel honoured to be one of the few people to have met and held Sebastian and I am forever thankful that I was able to. He'll have been so proud of you for your degree results Cavy. :hugs: Will be thinking of you in the coming days and weeks. :cry2:

Worth me also saying there won't be any nonsense tolerated in this thread, and ask everybody to please not reply to trolls.
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 month ago
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
aww i'm sorry. i hope you're okay! :console: everything will be alright!
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m so sorry to hear this Cavy. I’ve seen how attached you were and are to him!

I hope you’re okay and I’m glad that his passing was a peaceful one.
TheProphetsPath
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aw man that's sad. Thankfully he had a good life and a good peaceful passing away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.93%
No (178)
78.07%

Watched Threads