Turn on thread page Beta

Which unis are in your bad books? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Warwick - for being a fantastic university but for being in the middle of nowhere.
    I'd go along with that

ReputationRep:
    exeter cus they invited me to a summer school promotion thing which was fun then the following year they rejected my offer! i had the mug t-shirt and everything! :hmpf: :secruity:

ReputationRep:
    Durham, b stards I hate them. but HA! I got into Oxford so they are clearly fools. Also certain other unis (York and Edinburgh) for not even sending out confirmation letters. (although, I love you, please have me!)

ReputationRep:
    I don't have confirmation letter from my last uni either.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Exeter cos theyve just confirmed that theyre closin chemistry and music. We all knew they was very unlikely to stay open but were hopin the council would come to their senses!!

Steve Smith: Probably the worst vice chancellor in the world
    (sorry, saw the banner at the protest and liked it :-) )

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh for not even bothering to send me a confirmation letter.

Leeds for sending me a letter full of stuff I already knew and not just bothering to reject me outright when an "unsuccessful" is clearly inevitable.

Both Glasgow and Sussex for making me similar offers which I cannot choose between.

(I'm feeling grumpy today.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kew96158)
    Reading.

Because they're closing down their historic Music department (Gustav Holst used to be a Music lecturer there...)
    Oh my God, really? My mum read music there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sa-ra-ra-ra)
    Oh my God, really? My mum read music there
    Yes, I'm afraid so... Such a tragedy - I still find it hard to believe sometimes. But that's the new vice-chancellor for you...

ReputationRep:
    I don't have many disagreements with unis, but nevertheless...

Durham - for the arrogance to think of itself of the same standard as Oxford and Cambridge ('Doxbridge' my arse).
    Bath - For flooding our town jitsu club with freshers during grading season. Grr.
    Southampton - For getting pissy when I said I couldn't be bothered to go down there for interview. Still offered me a place, though.
    Harvard - For general organised muppetry.

ReputationRep:
    DURHAM!!! they have STILL not replied to me or to Sian who has been waiting for AGES which i think is rude!! and they rejected my friend who is ABSOLUTELY brilliant and is now devastated! also oxford for rejecting the two best candidates they had (but they're not THAT bad-they accepted me yay! even if i dont know if i deserved it )

ReputationRep:
    UEL for associating themselves with the British Institute of Technology & E-commerce, who then sent me junk mail which was a 'conditional offer'.

ReputationRep:
    awww rach thanks,

i was the chum rejected my Warwick, but they have now accepted me for the other course i applied so i guess they were just waiting to give me that offer, numpties why couldnt they have given me the offer b4 the rejection and therefore not have me taint my thoughts of them! Bah still dislike them muchly

Oh and Kyle smileeeeeeeeeeee they are reconsidering your rejection im sure things will turn out fine :P

ReputationRep:
    Bournemouth...The media school to be exact.
    Their organisation is something to be desired and the courses they put on seem pretty damn easy for "one of the top media departments in the country"
    Oh and they haven't got back to anyone that I know...with either a postcard of recognition of getting your application (though I am aware that not everywhere will do this) or any offers/rejections at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali_04)
    DURHAM!!! they have STILL not replied to me or to Sian who has been waiting for AGES which i think is rude!! and they rejected my friend who is ABSOLUTELY brilliant and is now devastated! also oxford for rejecting the two best candidates they had (but they're not THAT bad-they accepted me yay! even if i dont know if i deserved it )
    Durham are even more in my bad books after what I have just found out. Seems they're dishing out the offers to people with all B (or below) grade AS Levels and predictions but stalling on the A grade candidates, for some reason. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K'uin K'ra)
    Bath - For flooding our town jitsu club with freshers during grading season. Grr..
    hehe

i know a dude that did a grading recently..

ReputationRep:
    I have to say Bolton, I went to an open day there, they did nothing but **** of MMU and Salford during the entire day. They didn't mention the fact Bolton has one of the lowest employment rates and the second highest drop out rate in the UK.

The facilities looked very lacksture and the standard of work they showed us from second year students leaved a lot to be desired. A second year project for example was to create a VB lottery program. That kind of thing is quite simple not really second year degree standard.

I don't have anything against other universities. Although I have bad experiences from a couple of seperate older people who studed classics as Durham. They are both complete snobs and live in a world of their own. These people are in their 40's.

ReputationRep:
    Durham really are taking their time *sigh* But I expected them to... Nottingham as well... 60 days average and I'm on day 72... and now they've closed for Christmas. I feel ever so unloved *throws things*

ReputationRep:
    Bolton's open day really sucked, lol. I think they **** of MMU and Salford, as they want to attract students to go to Bolton instead of those two universities. Obviously, they won't mention the negative things about employment rates and drop out rates and stuff like that.

The standard of work is like A-level or first year standard. Maybe the course content in Bolton is not complex or difficult as other uni's.

How come you went to Bolton's open day anyway as you know it's not good in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
    Durham really are taking their time *sigh* But I expected them to... Nottingham as well... 60 days average and I'm on day 72... and now they've closed for Christmas. I feel ever so unloved *throws things*
    Durham sucketh. Nottingham I'm not as bothered about, because I don't want to go there as much, it's harder to get into for Geog etc! I'm on day *counts* 79!

ReputationRep:
    durham rejected you ? :eek:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.