Trash talking video games

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Right so first things first I just want to say this is a video game article but I can’t post it in the video games section for some reason.

So I play a lot of games, but some I take way more serious than others. Everyday I will end up arguing with some Norwegian or Russian who thinks it’s okay to call me whatever.

The thing is lately I’ve been trying to 1 up them by calling them racist slurs, won’t mention them but I know it’s not right and I feel awful after I say them as I’d never use that language in real life.
I can’t stop playing the game and turning off voice chat just defeats the whole purpose of a team game so I need to think of more comebacks and insults to use on these games instead of racist ones.

I don’t want this post to be about hate or race or whatever as I genuinely couldn’t give a damn online if you’re black, white, Asian, or a gingerbread man/woman/other. If you treat me like **** on a game, I’ll do the same back.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Well u don’t seem that sorry after your last paragraph, just because it’s online doesn’t mean u can say it.
- just talk about how badly they played in a game/ u could mock how they sound/ or just say random **** about them that’s not true.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can’t stop playing the game
Yes, you can, and you should, if it's turning you into the kind of person who not only is racist, but asks on a chat forum about how to insult people. Do you realise how obnoxious that makes you sound?

It's a toxic environment you're involved in. Give it up for another game or a more productive hobby.
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really liked playing a particular game, but I stopped because of the toxicity. What’s the point of playing a game if it makes you angry? Using racial slurs or abusive language definitely doesn’t mean that you’ve outfoxed them and it’s just disgusting and pathetic.
username5194026
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
League of legends?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're stooping to their level, showing that you are no better than they are.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The problem is that insults are meaningless. You're both just trying to annoy the other and get the last word.

Also that the average Gen Z has no shame and will put their all in getting the last word and are actually very open about it. The average milennial arguer is minor in comparison. Gen Z'll stalk you or your profile for days if you say something close to home or "one-up" them. They'll inform you you got them by regurgitating it back to you, regardless of context, so it never stops. And I've yet to have a Gen Z contact me later with an apologetic "I got it all wrong, I've changed etc." We're not just talking about saddos, or entitled saddos, but entitled saddo children.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (69)
21.36%
No (254)
78.64%

Watched Threads