Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I just can't wait to go to uni in September as I am not getting on with my mum at all. She constantly shouts and insults others and she is very confrontational. Talking to her about this doesn't help at all and only makes her more angry and shout even more.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just can't wait to go to uni in September as I am not getting on with my mum at all. She constantly shouts and insults others and she is very confrontational. Talking to her about this doesn't help at all and only makes her more angry and shout even more.
Same here but sometimes it gets physical too,It’s probably that time of the month.(or its she is just like that)
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well stop talking to her about uni for now. Just make as many plans as possible yourself. Clearly, your mum is really unhappy in her personal life! That much is obvious.
So you have to use tactics: learn to speak less often. When was the last time you and your mum put on face masks and went out for a drink or a picnic somewhere? When did you last give her any compliments or spontaneous gifts?
Change your approach and see!
Tobi JO
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t take it personally she probably has a gap in her life that she can’t fill so she takes her anger on the people who are close to her
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
My mums exactly the same but I don’t have a place for uni this year and can’t go through clearing for the course I want. So I’m stuck at home for another year. Trying to get a job to move out as I don’t have any other family to stay with, but job hunting in this current climate is basically impossible. Just hang in there, not too long until you go off to uni now, I hope it helps you and you can catch a break when at uni
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mgi)
Well stop talking to her about uni for now. Just make as many plans as possible yourself. Clearly, your mum is really unhappy in her personal life! That much is obvious.
So you have to use tactics: learn to speak less often. When was the last time you and your mum put on face masks and went out for a drink or a picnic somewhere? When did you last give her any compliments or spontaneous gifts?
Change your approach and see!
But I am not talking to her about uni, did you read my post properly :confused: What can I do that she is unhappy it is not my fault things aren't working out career wise for her. I do all the cooking and cleaning and she is never happy or grateful. I try to interact with her the least I possibly can as she claims she wants to be left alone.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tobi JO)
Don’t take it personally she probably has a gap in her life that she can’t fill so she takes her anger on the people who are close to her
Thank you I will try not to take it too personally.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But I am not talking to her about uni, did you read my post properly :confused: What can I do that she is unhappy it is not my fault things aren't working out career wise for her. I do all the cooking and cleaning and she is never happy or grateful. I try to interact with her the least I possibly can as she claims she wants to be left alone.
Ok. I do feel for you but if your mum insists on being left alone then maybe you should say ok.
If her career is going pants then its understandable that she is so fierce. But you will be at uni soon and will be able to do what you want.
Her behaviour and career are her responsibility not yours!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mgi)
Ok. I do feel for you but if your mum insists on being left alone then maybe you should say ok.
If her career is going pants then its understandable that she is so fierce. But you will be at uni soon and will be able to do what you want.
Her behaviour and career are her responsibility not yours!
I am definitely leaving her alone. She mostly sits in her room while I am in the living room
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am definitely leaving her alone. She mostly sits in her room while I am in the living room
Yes, i think this is your best policy. My dad was very much like that until i left home as a teenager and only went back once afterwards! Some parents have no clue why they are actually parents.
Slowly plan your exit to uni and live away from home when you are at uni.
You are not responsible for the attitude of your parents so don't let their behaviour or the behaviour of of toxic people destroy your self esteem or your confidence !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
21.48%
Less motivated (117)
78.52%

Watched Threads