Want more information about this university?

Rockingham House for the first year student

Watch
emavrbanovic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello everyone! I’m an international student arriving to the UK to study International and European Law at The University of Sheffield. I’m a first year student and I’m having an accommodation dilemma.
The accommodation I plan on booking is Rockingham House, because my budget is limited and on-campus rooms are very expensive. So my first question is if that accommodation is generally good and if there are any first year students looking to book it as well?
Also, I wonder if off campus accommodation is a good idea for a first year student since I’m afraid I will be left out of on campus activities and just the social life in general.
Saad Waheed307
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello, I am currently living in Rockinghum House, and i find it to be a great accommodation, especially looking at the price. I only took 2 months temporary accommodation from July 11th till September 5th so there are not much activities happening. I did my last year in university accommodation and i think you are not missing out on much.
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
University accommodation is definitely more social, and closer to where your lectures are. Rockingham House is at the bottom of a hill while the uni accommodation and your lectures will be at the top of the hill, or at least a bit further up the hill. There are some cheaper uni accommodation in City and Endcliffe, though the quality is lower than at Rockingham House.

Rockingham house is a good, cheap set of halls though and it's certainly not prohibitively far from anything except for visiting other students in Endcliffe and Ranmoor, for which you would probably want to get a bus.
emavrbanovic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Saad Waheed307)
Hello, I am currently living in Rockinghum House, and i find it to be a great accommodation, especially looking at the price. I only took 2 months temporary accommodation from July 11th till September 5th so there are not much activities happening. I did my last year in university accommodation and i think you are not missing out on much.
Thank you so much for the info! If I end up booking accommodation at the Rockingham House I look forward to meeting you!
emavrbanovic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
University accommodation is definitely more social, and closer to where your lectures are. Rockingham House is at the bottom of a hill while the uni accommodation and your lectures will be at the top of the hill, or at least a bit further up the hill. There are some cheaper uni accommodation in City and Endcliffe, though the quality is lower than at Rockingham House.

Rockingham house is a good, cheap set of halls though and it's certainly not prohibitively far from anything except for visiting other students in Endcliffe and Ranmoor, for which you would probably want to get a bus.
I suppose I will get more fit getting up that hill haha! Thank you for the helpful info!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (177)
28.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.69%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (57)
9.15%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.35%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8.03%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.22%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.94%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.21%

Watched Threads