A leveIs it a good idea to make lots of past paper questions into flashcards on Anki?

Watch
username5367196
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm revising for autumn exams so rushing for time(only 2 months left!!)

Right now im doing past papers and then making the questions i got wrong as flashcards for biology and chemistry. My only concern is that i won't analyse questions as well and use exam technique if i memorise loads of past paper questions.

But mark schemes are really good and specific too (i do a-level maths biology and chemistry)

What do you think, is this a good idea?
Last edited by username5367196; 5 months ago
Anonymous17!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You’re better of understanding why/where you went wrong with the questions and learning the knowledge rather than memorising the exam question. The questions are probably never going to come up again, there could be similar ones, so why waste your time memorising the questions and answers if those exact questions aren’t going to come up? You need to learn the technique. I don’t know what subjects you’re on about but for example, with maths, if I got a question wrong, I wouldn’t make the question into a Flashcard and then try and memorise it and the working out, I would see where I went wrong, attempt the question again and learn the technique. The thing you should be learning from mark schemes and past papers is exam technique and the types of questions that could be asked. Not the questions and answers
username5367196
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Would it be better to just memories the mark schemes for knowledge questions or just do the question again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (198)
57.56%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.44%

Watched Threads