September intake or January intake ( University of Leeds)

Watch
Daisyswam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I've got the offer September intake from the University of Leeds but I am afraid of COVID and still doubting about going next month or change intake.
should I go September intake or move to 2021 January intake?. Anyone going September? and I want to have opinions like what would you do if you were me? I would gladly consider every advice and opinion. thank you.
And I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of both September and January intake because I heard January intake students would be very rush to exams and no holidays for resting and assignments can be overweight.
Last edited by Daisyswam; 11 months ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by sanhtarkhine)
I've got the offer September intake from the University of Leeds but I am afraid of COVID and still doubting about going next month or change intake.
should I go September intake or move to 2021 January intake?. Anyone going September? and I want to have opinions like what would you do if you were me? I would gladly consider every advice and opinion. thank you.
And I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of both September and January intake because I heard January intake students would be very rush to exams and no holidays for resting and assignments can be overweight.
You need to check what the accommodation situation is if you were to start in January, I would still go with September as it will be a bigger cohort and putting it back 3 months doesn't guarantee anything either way.
Daisyswam
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
You need to check what the accommodation situation is if you were to start in January, I would still go with September as it will be a bigger cohort and putting it back 3 months doesn't guarantee anything either way.
I understand that but wouldn't it be too rush because I haven't done bank statement and visa. Thank you for your advice.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I understand that but wouldn't it be too rush because I haven't done bank statement and visa. Thank you for your advice.
Ah, I m afraid I don't know what the visa processing time is at the moment, you should check and then make a decision
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
To be honest, go with what you feel most comfortable with and if that means a bit of a headache for one start date over another then it'll be worth it.

Personally, I wouldn't go to uni in September, even January the way things are going, and rather study online BUT I've already had the uni experience so it's easy for me to say this.

You'll regret doing something that makes you feel unsafe.
Daisyswam
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
To be honest, go with what you feel most comfortable with and if that means a bit of a headache for one start date over another then it'll be worth it.

Personally, I wouldn't go to uni in September, even January the way things are going, and rather study online BUT I've already had the uni experience so it's easy for me to say this.

You'll regret doing something that makes you feel unsafe.
I see ... there is also one condition for me to study online and come to the UK when I want to. But I kinda feel unworthy for studying online because one of the major things I want to go is to experience on-campus life and interact with others. Also, I'm scared of studying online because I have never studied online before and also this is my first year so, I'm afraid something might wrong. But I feel like going September is not the right time either but still, I'm hesitating because I've already taken a gap year. Is there any differences start in September or January.
Daisyswam
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Ah, I m afraid I don't know what the visa processing time is at the moment, you should check and then make a decision
Yes, I will. Thanks a lot.
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
I see ... there is also one condition for me to study online and come to the UK when I want to. But I kinda feel unworthy for studying online because one of the major things I want to go is to experience on-campus life and interact with others. Also, I'm scared of studying online because I have never studied online before and also this is my first year so, I'm afraid something might wrong. But I feel like going September is not the right time either but still, I'm hesitating because I've already taken a gap year. Is there any differences start in September or January.
I definitely understand this and it's a HUGE commitment overall and you should want to get everything you can out of it, including that on-campus experience.

I don't think you'll miss out on anything joining in January other than there may already be some established friendship groups. Then again, it seems the majority of places are online teaching for the Autumn term at a minimum anyway which implies more people will turn to online friend making.

I'd go with January for piece of mind.
Daisyswam
Rep:
?
I definitely understand this and it's a HUGE commitment overall and you should want to get everything you can out of it, including that on-campus experience.

I don't think you'll miss out on anything joining in January other than there may already be some established friendship groups. Then again, it seems the majority of places are online teaching for the Autumn term at a minimum anyway which implies more people will turn to online friend making.

I see... Thank you for your time and advice. Actually, going January is also on top of my choice.
Anonymous #1
Report 11 months ago
I see... Thank you for your time and advice. Actually, going January is also on top of my choice.
Best of luck to you.

Do what feels best for you as an individual. It's such a hard time for anyone entering uni this next year and I do sympathise. I honestly don't believe you'll be disadvantaged starting in Jan.
Daisyswam
Rep:
?
Best of luck to you.

Do what feels best for you as an individual. It's such a hard time for anyone entering uni this next year and I do sympathise. I honestly don't believe you'll be disadvantaged starting in Jan.
Thank you! stay safe and I hope best wishes for you too.
Daisyswam
Rep:
?

I would like to know what is *there may already be some established friendship groups*. Do you mean I would be a stranger while everyone already gets to know each other? T__T Now I'm very sad about this since I'm introvert gosh.
Last edited by Daisyswam; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.72%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.69%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.11%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed