Are there air conditioner and heater in all accommodations?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I'm currently preparing what to bring to the university and does anyone know if there's air conditioner and heater there?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
There should be heating available in all accommodation (everywhere...even the really old Oxbridge colleges should have some kind of heating in them to meet building and living standards I would imagine), air conditioning might be variable though. Check the accommodation pages and see what they say for each option?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Air conditioning is rare in UK homes and flats. I would be surprised if it was installed in university halls.

UK accommodation is designed to stay warm not to stay cool.
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm currently preparing what to bring to the university and does anyone know if there's air conditioner and heater there?
There are no A/C units in halls, it only really ever gets hot enough to need AC in the summer (and even then only really around 1-2 weeks), when the halls are mostly empty anyway. There are heaters but they're usually automatically controlled. Halls do not allow you to bring your own electric heaters.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by TajwarC)
There are no A/C units in halls, it only really ever gets hot enough to need AC in the summer (and even then only really around 1-2 weeks), when the halls are mostly empty anyway. There are heaters but they're usually automatically controlled. Halls do not allow you to bring your own electric heaters.
Can you bring your own fans?
TajwarC
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can you bring your own fans?
Yeah fans should be fine I had one in my room with no issues
Student Roost - Southampton
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
hello, sorry to tell you i don't think there are accommodation with air-con. Consider to the weather it is not much hot day then a cold day. We offer all individual heater in all of our room. You can have your own said of your room temperature

If you would like to know more details of our accommodation feel free to have a look on our website
https://www.studentroost.co.uk/locations/southampton
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (29)
5.33%
Uncertainty around my education (63)
11.58%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (65)
11.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (71)
13.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (30)
5.51%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (25)
4.6%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (57)
10.48%
Financial worries (34)
6.25%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (21)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.25%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.76%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (55)
10.11%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (45)
8.27%

Watched Threads