The Student Room Group

Job Application

Hi,

I applied to a big retail company 24 days ago. They’ve been currently shut due to the coronavirus crisis and they’ve now reopened only 2 days a week. The job vacancy has gone after 2 days it was advertised. I’ve been checking regularly if there’s been any change to my application it’s still being processed at this time been staying like this for 24 days. Should I call up to find out what’s going on with my application or not. I really want this job it’s a fixed term contract till the end of September.
It’s very urgent. Help would be appreciated 🙂
ASAP please 🙂
Hope I'm not too late replying!
But I would ring up and say that you know the current situation is difficult but would like to know what is happening with your application.
Original post by LittleLily32
Hope I'm not too late replying!
But I would ring up and say that you know the current situation is difficult but would like to know what is happening with your application.

No point I applied to another store they rejected me. The store I applied to said nothing. But I got an interview soon another place.
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
No point I applied to another store they rejected me. The store I applied to said nothing. But I got an interview soon another place.

I’m sorry to hear you got rejected, but hey you got an interview for another place! Good luck. Brw, update on my last post from a previous thread.....I got the job! With McDonald’s. I’m just doing right to work checks right now and as soon as that’s done, I get my first shift and start training. I’ve been trying for 2 years and I managed to get something, it just takes persistence. Good luck with your interview and I hope you get the job! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous17!
I’m sorry to hear you got rejected, but hey you got an interview for another place! Good luck. Brw, update on my last post from a previous thread.....I got the job! With McDonald’s. I’m just doing right to work checks right now and as soon as that’s done, I get my first shift and start training. I’ve been trying for 2 years and I managed to get something, it just takes persistence. Good luck with your interview and I hope you get the job! :smile:

Congrats on the interview and yes I checked your thread on Mcdonalds. Well done you fully deserve it. Mines is at Tesco.
Original post by Pro Gamer 2003
Congrats on the interview and yes I checked your thread on Mcdonalds. Well done you fully deserve it. Mines is at Tesco.

Thanks :lol: and maybe @Tracey1995 can help. She’s been working for Tesco for a long time now, so maybe if you pm her she might be able to help you prepare for and smash your interview. Good luck :wink:
Original post by Anonymous17!
Thanks :lol: and maybe @Tracey1995 can help. She’s been working for Tesco for a long time now, so maybe if you pm her she might be able to help you prepare for and smash your interview. Good luck :wink:

Thanks and yes I’ve already been doing this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending