Boring well-paid or satisfying low-paid job? Watch

This discussion is closed.
rainjan_4now
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Why? It's their choice, and it's nothing to do with you.
It is very much to do with me, especially living in london, because here is a place where many people choose to work in sectors that pay well purely because it pays well. And it is those people that will play-down the low-earners as lower-class people, and have no empathy towards them not being able to go on holiday annually, or having to pay for a sofa in monthly installments.

There are many people with job satisfaction that earn near to nothing, such as teaching/nursery assistants, people that run their own small shop/business, REAL musicians that have yet to be recognised for their talents- so circle pubs and small clubs to earn a living. This is their choice so i cant see why some people would chose to criticize them, and feel like they are better than them just because they earn more.

i just wanna point out that i have nothing against people who choose jobs on a salary basis but dont like to think of themselves superior to lower earners.
RieLouise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rainjan_4now)
It is very much to do with me, especially living in london, because here is a place where many people choose to work in sectors that pay well purely because it pays well. And it is those people that will play-down the low-earners as lower-class people, and have no empathy towards them not being able to go on holiday annually, or having to pay for a sofa in monthly installments.
Yes, such people do indeed exist but do you really want anything to do with them (Unless you're an emotional masochist - run, run, run, in the opposite direction) I just finished a year at the OU, preparing for my PhD (which ain't happening this year as I have been invited to Las Vagas). So I'm not exactly rolling in it!

There are many people with job satisfaction that earn near to nothing, such as teaching/nursery assistants, people that run their own small shop/business, REAL musicians that have yet to be recognised for their talents- so circle pubs and small clubs to earn a living. This is their choice so i cant see why some people would chose to criticize them, and feel like they are better than them just because they earn more.

i just wanna point out that i have nothing against people who choose jobs on a salary basis but dont like to think of themselves superior to lower earners.
What pitiful, shallow people they must be! If only they'd looked at the financial situations of those who made a great impact on history. I read that Emmeline Pankhurst, who did so much for so many. died almost in penury. And Van Gogh is an obvious example. And Emily Dickinson - made very little money out of the heavenly poems she wrote. So, I say to such people, keep on going as you're going. You've a lot to lose.

I write - poetry and magazines - any richer boyfriends I've had have tended to treat me rather like a tortured artist in a garrett.

But I make the most of it. Selfish, I know but they get the entertainment

(And I'm not talking about the 'S' word, I'm talking about a delightful poetry reading)
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well I would go for a high paid job hehe ...though I really really want to become a lawyer and so I don't find it boring. You have to be a pretty gd lawyer to be extreamly well paid...like in every job. I could be the garbage collector if I really liked it, but I'd want to be the best one. Do whatever you like, as long as you really like it, and be at the top of your job...and then you will gain respect. Money isn't the only thing in life.
Wild Thing
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Also, choose the job you want to fo. If you want to become a garbage collector, then be the best at it. Then you'd become the manager of all the garabage collectors for a certain zone and so on..until you are at the top of the ladder. I think that all jobs are low paid if you're at the bottom of the ladder. BUt if you're the best at it, then you will get well paid. Therefore I'm gonna contradict myself (yet AGAIN!) and I would go for the job that you like (low paid one ) ps..sry to drag this on
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads