ultimate2020
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Guys,
I received an offer from 2 different universities for MA in Psychology course.The thing is that I applied for both courses because I wasn't sure whether I will be accepted in the one of my choice. The problem is that I decided to study for masters with lower fee as it is actually nearly double less than in the other one.One cost just above £9000 and the other one £6200 or about that. But because I've applied for the postgraduate loan and my application was accepted for the amount funded for £9k I don't know what do now..I want to use a loan for funding my masters as well as living cost but I need to make amendments for the amount of the loan as the price nearly double.Does anybody knows how can I do that? I tried to access my loan account online but I can't log in,probably it is because I've applied by post not online.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ultimate2020)
Hi Guys,
I received an offer from 2 different universities for MA in Psychology course.The thing is that I applied for both courses because I wasn't sure whether I will be accepted in the one of my choice. The problem is that I decided to study for masters with lower fee as it is actually nearly double less than in the other one.One cost just above £9000 and the other one £6200 or about that. But because I've applied for the postgraduate loan and my application was accepted for the amount funded for £9k I don't know what do now..I want to use a loan for funding my masters as well as living cost but I need to make amendments for the amount of the loan as the price nearly double.Does anybody knows how can I do that? I tried to access my loan account online but I can't log in,probably it is because I've applied by post not online.
Hi, you don't receive any Tuition Fee or Maintenance Loan as a postgraduate applicant, only a contribution to costs loan - you can find out more information here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/...ats-available/

In the 20/21 academic year you can receive up to £11,222. You can download the loan request form to change the amount you requested https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/apply
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.06%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (7)
21.21%

Watched Threads