The Student Room Group

Do I like him?

Ok so I know this is something I should know for myself but I'm just really confused. I'm friends with a guy but I can't tell if I actually like him in a romantic way because when we talk, I really enjoy it and we laugh a lot and all. I feel like I must like him when we text, but when we are not talking, I don't really feel anything for him. I don't know, it just feels like a momentary thing because we might be texting one night but then in the morning, I don't think I like him anymore. I don't really find him very physically attractive at all (not being mean but he just isn't my type). For context, he used to like me and told me he did, but I rejected him because I only saw him as a friend but I'm not really too sure anymore. Sorry I sound so annoying lol but I just need some help understanding my feelings. I don't think I would want a relationship anyway for reasons that have nothing to do with him but I just want to understand my feelings so I can move on from them, if that makes sense.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so I know this is something I should know for myself but I'm just really confused. I'm friends with a guy but I can't tell if I actually like him in a romantic way because when we talk, I really enjoy it and we laugh a lot and all. I feel like I must like him when we text, but when we are not talking, I don't really feel anything for him. I don't know, it just feels like a momentary thing because we might be texting one night but then in the morning, I don't think I like him anymore. I don't really find him very physically attractive at all (not being mean but he just isn't my type). For context, he used to like me and told me he did, but I rejected him because I only saw him as a friend but I'm not really too sure anymore. Sorry I sound so annoying lol but I just need some help understanding my feelings. I don't think I would want a relationship anyway for reasons that have nothing to do with him but I just want to understand my feelings so I can move on from them, if that makes sense.

It sounds like you're just good friends with the guy and enjoy talking to him, as anyone would with a close friend. Don't force yourself to like him romantically because he liked you in the past, you said it yourself you don't particularly want a relationship right now and that's fine! I'm in a similar situation to you so don't worry :h:
Reply 2
Original post by stillcrying
It sounds like you're just good friends with the guy and enjoy talking to him, as anyone would with a close friend. Don't force yourself to like him romantically because he liked you in the past, you said it yourself you don't particularly want a relationship right now and that's fine! I'm in a similar situation to you so don't worry :h:

Ok, thank you so much. That’s so helpful! It definitely puts my mind at rest 😅
Original post by Anonymous

Baby girl if he doesn't give you butterflies then u aint there yet. However, I do advice u to have a sit down together and discuss where you and stand in terms of yall relationship.
Reply 4
Original post by slapqueen2016
Baby girl if he doesn't give you butterflies then u aint there yet. However, I do advice u to have a sit down together and discuss where you and stand in terms of yall relationship.

Ah ok. You’re right. I’ve never felt butterflies at all with him so I think I must just like him as a friend. Why do you think we should discuss the relationship? We’re just friends at the moment and we’ve only ever been friends. He told me he liked me but I rejected him. Do you still think I should talk to him about it? I don’t want to make things more awkward for him...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending