The Student Room Group

don't know what to study

I haven't done my A levels yet, and I'm wondering if I should drop out, and just study something with a foundation year? I want to travel and work. my family has high income but won't give me any for uni, so I mean that I'm not gonna get the bursaries that everyone else gets. so I need to work and save up for uni before I do it, is that possible? and also idk what to study soo
Original post by honeybuns2k5
I haven't done my A levels yet, and I'm wondering if I should drop out, and just study something with a foundation year? I want to travel and work. my family has high income but won't give me any for uni, so I mean that I'm not gonna get the bursaries that everyone else gets. so I need to work and save up for uni before I do it, is that possible? and also idk what to study soo

you need a level 3 qualification to do most foundation years, the only way around that is if you would study with open uni and then you could work at the same time.
Reply 2
I would suggest doing A levels then taking the gap year. In the gap year work and travel and it will give you an idea of what to study. You might find out that you don't want to go to uni or after the year you still want to go. From work you will end up having money to help you with uni!

Quick Reply

Latest