The Student Room Group

Lump behind ear

So a few days ago I noticed my earlobe was a little sore. Nothing unbearable it was just a little sore to the touch and slightly red and swollen. I only noticed it when I looked intently. I'm pretty sure it's from wearing earphones but that's besides the point. What I'm slightly more concerned at is that at the point where my earlobe meets the side of my head there is a little lump. At first I thought it was a spot until I realised it wasn't sore to touch at all. It's very small and not visible. It's been there for about 3 days now and I don't think it has decreased in size. My earlobe is still a bit swollen and sore but I think it feels a little better. What concerned me about this lump is that it is pretty solid and I can't move it around under my skin, although it might feel solid because it is so small? Anyone know if this is a cause for concern at all? I know cysts are commonly found in infected areas although the area where the cyst is isn't infected. The earlobe is infected and the cyst is very near the earlobe but it's not on the earlobe. Meaning it is near an infected area. I had a cyst about 4 years ago and eventually had it removed. I know cysts are harmless but I hope it isn't t even a cyst. I hope it's just related to the earlobe infection and will disappear when the earlobe infection disappears. Just to be clear on where it is: if you feel your earlobe and then follow it to where it is attached. And then go slightly underneath this area and there is some kind of loose skin that is stretchy? That's where the lump is. Anyone have any idea? I would appreciate many feedback thanks.
hey!

I’m not doctor so if you are really worried, seek medical advice!

however i had a lump behind my earlobe for a few days and it turned out to be a spot. after a few days, it became visible as a spot and I was able to pop and get rid of it!

:smile:
I’ve had that so many times in different spots all over my ear. It will go away, don’t try to pop it as not much will happen most of the time. Sometimes putting pressure on it to break it up helps it drain faster.

Quick Reply

Latest