ninja24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
How does Sudoku relate to the computational method?
S Z H
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ninja24)
How does Sudoku relate to the computational method?
these are possible problems and the solutions using computational thinking that i could think of. i hope this is what you were required to do

i have added definitions of the computational thinking methods i was taught below:
decomposition - breaking down a complex problem or system into smaller, more manageable parts.
pattern recognition – looking for similarities among and within problems.
abstraction – focusing on the important information only, ignoring irrelevant detail.
algorithms - developing a step-by-step solution to the problem, or the rules to follow to solve the problem.

any problems you may have with your game could be:
1- too many requirements. you might be asked to do a lot things with this one game (can be solved by [a] decomposition- breaking down the code into smaller manageable parts. using subroutines/functions in your program AND/OR algorithms- developing a step by step method, e.g. flowcharts, to simplify the program )
2- too much irrelevant information given in the project brief (can be solved by abstraction. removal of this irrelevant data)
3- lengthy & inefficient program (can be solved using pattern recognition. finding a pattern and using, for example, loops to shorten it)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (78)
26.71%
No - I have already returned home (35)
11.99%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (58)
19.86%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.62%
No - I live at home during term anyway (90)
30.82%

Watched Threads