aali_0
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If you’ve changed your mind on your firm university do you have to decline the offer before you start looking at courses available for adjustment or can you look if there’s any your interested in and then decline , also if a uni is in clearing then is it also in adjustment?
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Salem_a0)
If you’ve changed your mind on your firm university do you have to decline the offer before you start looking at courses available for adjustment or can you look if there’s any your interested in and then decline , also if a uni is in clearing then is it also in adjustment?
If you go through clearing then you can talk to universities informally but they won’t generally give you an offer until you’re officially in clearing (by declining your place in Track).

If you go through adjustment you don’t have to decline anything, there will be an adjustment button available in track but that doesn’t effect your firm choice if you don’t end up actually using clearing. I don’t think there are any adjustment lists as such Like there are with clearing, you’ll have to call to ask.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Salem_a0)
No, the point of adjustment is that you can hold your place whilst talking to other unis. You need to click that you want to enter adjustment on UCAS track, but this does not affect your existing offers. When you've agreed a place with a uni, they will "adjust" you- at no point do you need to decline your place.

If a uni has spaces in clearing it is very very likely they will accept candidates via adjustment, although technically there is no rule that says they have to. Some unis will have courses available via adjustment that are not available via clearing, and not all adjustment vacancies are advertised.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (32)
32%
No - I have already returned home (10)
10%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
23%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
7%
No - I live at home during term anyway (28)
28%

Watched Threads