what is the best university for games art/design/development?

Watch
kerrisbailey03
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
right now my top 5 is Staffordshire, MMU, Southampton, Greenwich and South Wales.

I'm interested in all 3 courses and some unis offer mixtures of art and design or design and dev so any course would be great.

I study art, Photography and Graphic design at A level which is all 100% coursework and the games degrees are all 100% coursework so would the transition from college to uni be smooth as I am already confident with lots of coursework?

And which uni is the best for the course?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kerrisbailey03)
right now my top 5 is Staffordshire, MMU, Southampton, Greenwich and South Wales.

I'm interested in all 3 courses and some unis offer mixtures of art and design or design and dev so any course would be great.

I study art, Photography and Graphic design at A level which is all 100% coursework and the games degrees are all 100% coursework so would the transition from college to uni be smooth as I am already confident with lots of coursework?

University is a step up from a level but if you're used to coursework then it ll be a good place to start from
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi kerrisbailey03

I hope you're able to get some useful feedback on Games courses at your chosen universities.

If you need to know anything about our Games courses, we have a virtual open day this Saturday, where you can log onto our event platform and chat with the team - You can book a place at: https://www.staffs.ac.uk/visit/undergraduate-open-day

Best wishes, Shaun
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey kerrisbailey03!

You've listed some great unis there! Have you also considered the BA Games Design course at UAL London College of Communication (LCC)?

You can take a look at the course page here: https://www.arts.ac.uk/subjects/anim...mes-design-lcc

Whilst there isn't a virtual open day scheduled for the course yet, you can take a virtual tour of the LCC campus here: https://www.arts.ac.uk/colleges/lond...s/virtual-tour

Best wishes,

Hannah
UAL Student Rep
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kerrisbailey03)

Hello kerrisbailey03

They are all interesting courses, at Greenwich, we offer the followings:

Games Design and Development, BSc Hons

Digital Media Design and Development, BSc Hons

Games Design and Development (Programming), BSc Hons

Games Design and Development (Modelling and Animation), BSc Hons

Regarding coursework/essay, you will definitely find the transition from college to university smooth as you are already confident with writing an essay. I did business at college which was 100% coursework and when I started university I didn't find the essays/assignments difficult at all.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (114)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (22)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (24)
12.12%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (16)
8.08%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
5.56%

Watched Threads