The Student Room Group

At what level do you need glasses full time

I haven't had my eyes checked in years (oops) I was getting really bad headaches.

The numbers are

(R) SPH +0.50 CYL -1.25 Axis 110.0

(L) SPH +0.25 CYL -0.75 Axis 90.0

I don't think its a very strong prescription (I don't know about these things though). I have to say though they do help, I wouldn't want to drive without them now!

The optician said I need them for all concentrating activities. My day is working on computers or driving, so end up wearing them most of the day anyway.

I am just wondering if I should expect my eyes to get worse (I'm in my early 20s, Male)? What level would you also have to wear them all the time out of interest?

I think she said the astigmatism or something was the problem, which why I got the headaches. It was strange at first as things seemed slanted wearing them, but now thats gone away!
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't had my eyes checked in years (oops) I was getting really bad headaches.

The numbers are

(R) SPH +0.50 CYL -1.25 Axis 110.0

(L) SPH +0.25 CYL -0.75 Axis 90.0

I don't think its a very strong prescription (I don't know about these things though). I have to say though they do help, I wouldn't want to drive without them now!

The optician said I need them for all concentrating activities. My day is working on computers or driving, so end up wearing them most of the day anyway.

I am just wondering if I should expect my eyes to get worse (I'm in my early 20s, Male)? What level would you also have to wear them all the time out of interest?

I think she said the astigmatism or something was the problem, which why I got the headaches. It was strange at first as things seemed slanted wearing them, but now thats gone away!

They could get worse but it depends on you really when you want to wear them all the time.
Reply 2
It is up to you, if you feel you need them all the day you can wear them all day long. You have astigmatism which is very noticable both upclose and far, so you will see much better with glasses on, less headaches and less tiredness. However, if you wear them all the time you should expect your vision without them to get worse.
Reply 3
Original post by Kathy89
It is up to you, if you feel you need them all the day you can wear them all day long. You have astigmatism which is very noticable both upclose and far, so you will see much better with glasses on, less headaches and less tiredness. However, if you wear them all the time you should expect your vision without them to get worse.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I think it's the Astigmatism that causes me the most issues. I'm fine going without usually without them usually while not doing a concentrating task as I don't think my vision is awful. It just seems to be sometimes in the evening after working on computers for hours and for some reason my night vision can go a bit blurry when walking about outside, and I just keep them on during those periods.

Quick Reply

Latest